Help, Wiring in Auxiliary Lighting on Front of 3032e

Thread: Help, Wiring in Auxiliary Lighting on Front of 3032e

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 08:35 PM
    Thanks

Help, Wiring in Auxiliary Lighting on Front of 3032e

Am adding an LED light bar to the front of my 3032e (2018) and in looking for a place to tap into for power I find these two terminals right above the battery but there is no power to either terminal. I tested with the key on, with the light switch on, but there is no power. Has anyone found the answer as how to get power to these terminals and maybe found what they are intended for? Am thinking maybe that one has to add a fuse in the fuse block but that brings on another challenge as after adding the Curtis cab accessing the fuse block is next to impossible. It would be so easy to connect the light bar if only there were power to these terminals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1763.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwind99 View Post
    Am adding an LED light bar to the front of my 3032e (2018) and in looking for a place to tap into for power I find these two terminals right above the battery but there is no power to either terminal. I tested with the key on, with the light switch on, but there is no power. Has anyone found the answer as how to get power to these terminals and maybe found what they are intended for? Am thinking maybe that one has to add a fuse in the fuse block but that brings on another challenge as after adding the Curtis cab accessing the fuse block is next to impossible. It would be so easy to connect the light bar if only there were power to these terminals.
    I bought this incredibly easy light kit from Home Depot a few years ago. You connect the power to the battery, put an in-line fuse if you go directly to the battery. Power goes to a 1x3x3 inch box that glues to whatever is handy so it doesn't flop around, then you attach the led lights to the secondary wires coming out of the box. Everything is controlled by a little plug that goes into your cigarette lighter. When you aren't going to use the lights just turn them off, pull the controller out of the cig lighter, and put it somewhere handy. I don't know the draw on your light bar, or if the kit is still available, but it may be an option.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    I don't know what they're for, but one idea is that they don't have power because the other end is, say behind the dash, and needs a switch connected there first. I found that situation on my 1025.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    With my 3032E , behind the seat in the wiring harness were several connector's that had caps on them that I used for wiring up a set of aux lights that work with the light switch . Then when I added some extra fog lights on top of my sunshade I ran a wire from the battery to a addafuse then to a rocker switch that I put in beside my pto switch then to the lights . Pretty easy just time consuming figuring out a safe way to run the wire without any interference from something else .

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    As Steve O said, there are wires that are there from factory behind seat. When you rotate the light control knob all the way clockwise, the (I believe it is purple) wire becomes hot. I tapped into that with a plug connector, as the wires there already have plug connectors on them. No cutting or splicing. very clean. I did my roll bar lights and warning light that way and fished them through the existing holes in bar. I know it may be harder to fish a wire back up front from there, but I may suggest going with roll bar mount. Much better light distribution. I assume you have a loader so if you pick anything up, then lights up front are about useless. I like my 3032 but believe me, If I ever encounter a large sum of then I will trade it in for an R in a heartbeat. Lights are off in picture because well..... when they are on they will blind you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3677.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	813.6 KB 
ID:	684872
    3032E, Loader, 5' Box Blade, 2060 Rotary Cutter, Forks, WC5 PTO Chipper, Rear Ballast, Amber Strobes, Work Lights
    Gator TX, Glass Cab, Winch, lots of lights.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shortcut For This Useful Post:

tailwind99 (05-07-2019)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 08:35 PM
    Thanks
    Would have mounted the light bar on the ROPS bar but it appeared the roof of the Curtis cab would have blocked the forward lighting. I did mount the rear lights on the ROPS bar and found the connections for electrical hookup that are controlled by the light switch. Am still mystified as to getting power to the two factory connections that are right above the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1764.JPG  

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    In the 3038R catalog, they show a horn by the battery for the European edition, but I couldn't find the connectors. Maybe they are for that. With all the plastic up front, one connector might be a ground. If so, it looks like the switch goes in the dash, so the other end is going to be in the wiring harness behind the dash.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    So you are one of those CAB people...... I don't have much room to talk because my gator has a glass cab, and it doesn't get too cold or hardly ever snow in my part of the Carolinas. A sunshade would be nice though. I need to clean my tractor up and will take a look into those wires by battery. I want to install a horn anyway (I took one off of an old honda)
    3032E, Loader, 5' Box Blade, 2060 Rotary Cutter, Forks, WC5 PTO Chipper, Rear Ballast, Amber Strobes, Work Lights
    Gator TX, Glass Cab, Winch, lots of lights.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements