• 1 Post By aclass

Thread: 72 D Auto-connect problems.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 AM
    Thanks

72 D Auto-connect problems.

Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues removing and installing their Auto-connect decks?

The other day I removed the deck to do some backhoe work. I had trouble getting the right latch to flip up (it was under load). I had an even more difficult time getting the deck back on. (it did not want to go all the way past the latches). Lift was all the way down and gauge wheels were all the way up as they are supposed to be.
    Finally after dragging the deck around the yard for about 50 feet over about 7 attempts, it latched. (After having to fiddle with the lift height).

I figured I'd have more problems with the PTO shaft than deck latching, but PTO has never failed to engage. Anyone else have an issue like this? Is there just that one "sweet spot" height the lift needs to be at for proper latching?

Thanks,

Jeff
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues removing and installing their Auto-connect decks?

The other day I removed the deck to do some backhoe work. I had trouble getting the right latch to flip up (it was under load). I had an even more difficult time getting the deck back on. (it did not want to go all the way past the latches). Lift was all the way down and gauge wheels were all the way up as they are supposed to be.
    Finally after dragging the deck around the yard for about 50 feet over about 7 attempts, it latched. (After having to fiddle with the lift height).

I figured I'd have more problems with the PTO shaft than deck latching, but PTO has never failed to engage. Anyone else have an issue like this? Is there just that one "sweet spot" height the lift needs to be at for proper latching?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Back off the nuts at most three flats to make the front draft arms longer. Count the flats to keep it square.

You were on level concrete correct? If you were just in the yard all bets are off.
    PaDave likes this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    Back off the nuts at most three flats to make the front draft arms longer. Count the flats to keep it square.

You were on level concrete correct? If you were just in the yard all bets are off.
    Thanks Herminator!

No, I was on grass in the yard. Which I thought was the preferred method as it is easier on the deck. (Grass/dirt vs, hard concrete)

Jeff
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Thanks Herminator!

No, I was on grass in the yard. Which I thought was the preferred method as it is easier on the deck. (Grass/dirt vs, hard concrete)

Jeff
    I have found level concrete is important. Any other surface is hit and miss. Also make sure it's in 4 wheel drive or the front tractor wheels will just push the deck around instead of climb up on it. Other than that, just make sure the tractor is parallel to the deck on approach or one side will lock in and the other side won't. It has been a learning experience of trial and error of what to do and not do.
    Herminator likes this.
    JW

2017 3039R, with engine block and transmission heater, 72" MMM with a JD mulching kit, H165 loader with a Heavy Duty 73 inch bucket and bolt-on replaceable cutting edge, John Deere Canopy top, BB5072 box blade, Cat. 2 Ballast box, Electrical trailer connector, 3rd, 4th and 5th SCV's with Diverter valve kit, plus Power Beyond Kit for backhoe & log splitter operation, Rear 3pt 2 inch receiver hitch, Deluxe Grill Guard, 57 inch tiller, iMatch, Plus a Project JD 330 Lawn tractor.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    I dont have much luck on grass without getting out of the seat and wrestling the deck.
    On concrete or asphalt it works very well.
    Herminator likes this.
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2025 with a 60" deck so it might be different but there are a pin for each side to keep the latches in place. When you remove the deck there is a hole further back to store the pins while the deck is off. I put the pins in the normal holes instead of the storage holes once and it keep the latches from working. Took me a while to figure that one out.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements