• 3 Post By maineuropa
  • 1 Post By maineuropa

Thread: Haying with my 955 Revisited, hydraulic questions

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks

Haying with my 955 Revisited, hydraulic questions

Ok I have installed the Enorossi mower on my 955, but it has challenged me with the hydraulic lift: the lift piston is a single hose and breather set up. The 955's rear ports for the backhoe might be fine with a valve kit, but I would think that I would have to modify the lift piston into a dual hose set up. I do not know if that can even be done. I think if I were able to attach a T fitting between the backhoe ports, I could "slave" hydraulic off this loop and would be able to use the piston as built? (The hose for the lift piston has its own in line valve, shown poorly sitting right above where the hose attaches to the piston. )
    Would appreciate any suggestions here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5565.jpg   IMG_5564.jpg  
    Last edited by maineuropa; 06-01-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: tags
    theduke and RTHanes like this.
    Rest and Be Thankful Farm
    Lyman, ME

955 Deere, FEL, 7 Backhoe, 59 Snowblower, 72" MMM, 7 ft Enorossi sickle bar mower, New Holland 273 Baler, Mystery International hay rake, , Woods posthole digger, 7ft York Rake, Wood splitter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maineuropa For This Useful Post:

RTHanes (06-08-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-08-2019 @ 10:16 AM
    Thanks
    I don't know much, but it seems like you might be missing a part for the lift hydraulics. It seems like there should be a supply and return attachment. If this is what it is, i'd be tempted to call the manufacturer and tell them what i'm working with and go from there.

All that i said if a single hose is all you have to worth, the t fitting idea is a thought worth looking into.

Looking at the date of this post, you've probably already figured it out...

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    What you need to do is install a single or double spool valve inline with the PB system (the PB feeds the valve). Then hook the implement to the valve so that you have a way to control it.

Your cylinder is called a 'single acting' cylinder, basically, it does the 'lift up' part of the job and gravity does the 'go down' part. You just hook the hose to a port on the valve and use it like normal, the only difference is that there is only one hose instead of two.
    Kennyd, theduke and ttazzman like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    What you need to do is install a single or double spool valve inline with the PB system (the PB feeds the valve). Then hook the implement to the valve so that you have a way to control it.

Your cylinder is called a 'single acting' cylinder, basically, it does the 'lift up' part of the job and gravity does the 'go down' part. You just hook the hose to a port on the valve and use it like normal, the only difference is that there is only one hose instead of two.

I've got the same tractor with PB as pictured above.....With this "1" line set-up.......

How would the hydro fluid get "back" into the system??

The PB is under constant pressure as far as I can tell. Gravity isn't going to push fluid backwards is it??

Seems like you need a seperate return line to trans housing ...or....?

Just wondering as I want to add something (remotes or whatever) to mine.
    JD lists all the different kits ( 2 line/4 line) still but I'm sure none of it is avl.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

955 Update Hydarulics

Going to a hydraulic shop tomorrow, Willudate their recommendations/what I end up doing.
    Lyman, ME

955 Deere, FEL, 7 Backhoe, 59 Snowblower, 72" MMM, 7 ft Enorossi sickle bar mower, New Holland 273 Baler, Mystery International hay rake, , Woods posthole digger, 7ft York Rake, Wood splitter

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

955 Update Hydarulics

Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

My basic problem here is that I do not understand hydraulics that well. I have a rear loop on the tractor that operates the backhoe. It is pressured constantly, and I cannot see it 'taking back" hydraulic fluid when I relieve the pressure to the single cylinder to lower. I think I need a dedicated spool valve which will allow me to operate the single cylinder. I have a spool valve that has to handles/valves and will ask the hydraulic store if this might work. Stay tuned.
    Lyman, ME

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks

Update on the 955 hydraulics(rear)

As promised I motored a few towns away to a hydraulic shop. I got the hose connections needed to connect off the rear hose oop to my dual spool hydraulic valve controls. Hooked it all up and the main problem is that the set up uses up too much hydraulic oil to lift...so the net result is something akin to a baseball wave: I actuate the lift valve; the sickle bar lifts up, then the rear rockshaft starts lifting followed by the sickle bar relaxing/dropping, then the rockshaft follows suit. All in all, it is very similar to a baseball wave.
    So I have hayed/mowed about 8 acres with this set up..it makes for exciting haying as I have to carefully load and lift the mower blade, then move to my new cutting starting point, then drop the bar again and restart mowing. The quirks make for highly engaged mowing: lift blade, move to new mowing area; drop blade (exactly the same place as last time!) be sure to disengage the lift lever, then mow again. Failure to disengage the lift valve after dropping means the blade will drop, then pick right up again,( back to the "wave" while cutting), which is really terrible hay cutting!
    Treefarmer, theduke and Herminator like this.
    Lyman, ME

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Failure to disengage the lift valve after dropping means the blade will drop, then pick right up again,( back to the "wave" while cutting), which is really terrible hay cutting![/QUOTE]

Also there is intermittent power to the PTO electromagnet so I have to keep ensuring that the PTO lever is engaged...wat
    ching me mow is akin to watching a one-armed paperhanger..
    theduke likes this.
    Lyman, ME

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements