Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 3032e shuts down

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-23-2019 @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks

3032e shuts down

Started to cut a fallow pasture with a bush hog a couple of weeks ago. All went well for about half and hour then engine shutdown. It started back up but then the shutdowns happened more and more frequently until I gave up, saved my battery and starter and made it back to the barn. Last Saturday I replaced the fuel, fuel canister filter, and the water separator element. Same scenario occurred.
    Next time I go to go to Dad's farm I plan to replace the fuel valve, what the dealership computer showed as the fuel pump.

CSR at dealership said we may have to investigate fungus in the fuel tank and lines, but I don't see any evidence of contamination in the water separator.

Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    Before initiating "Maintenance by Replacement" see if you can drain the tank and take a look around inside it. You may be better off just removing it and cleaning it. Did the fuel in your tractor sit in it a long time? I would also start at the injectors and inspect the fuel lines going back to the tank. Your observations indicate some sort of fueling problem. How many hours are on the tractor? I have not read on here of any major fuel pump issues with the 3E series, and anything with the 3E series is something I try and pay attention too since I own a 3025E. Good luck and let us know what it ends up being.
    IndyFarmLife-AC likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Before initiating "Maintenance by Replacement" see if you can drain the tank and take a look around inside it. You may be better off just removing it and cleaning it. Did the fuel in your tractor sit in it a long time? I would also start at the injectors and inspect the fuel lines going back to the tank. Your observations indicate some sort of fueling problem. How many hours are on the tractor? I have not read on here of any major fuel pump issues with the 3E series, and anything with the 3E series is something I try and pay attention too since I own a 3025E. Good luck and let us know what it ends up being.
    There are about 372 hours showing.
    I have no confidence in the quality of the fuel that Dad put in this tractor. Could be old, could be contaminated. I assumed that poor fuel would cause loss of power or some derate. But when it runs it runs well. My first attempt at mowing I ran out what fuel I could and drained some more. Could not see anything suspicious looking in through the fill bung. Added new fuel from new 5 gallon jug before my second attempt at mowing.
    Since you follow these these engines, Have you noticed there are several threads for the 3032e with similar symptoms, but none describe an effective remedy?
    I've replied to the threads I found yesterday to see if anyone will come back with more information.
    Mike
    2011 3032e
    front loader, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 05:46 PM
    Thanks
    This is an out there thought, but because you said you were running the rotary cutter, did you check to see if the engine overheated? I also have the 3025e and one time when i let the grass get really tall and the grass had started to flower, when i mowed, the front grill got covered with debris. I cleaned that off several times while mowing, but after i was done I had to go and vacuum out a lot of debris from inside the engine compartment. the radiator had a pretty good amount of junk stuck to it. The air filter was also pretty dirty.

You probably already looked at this, but just a thought! Good luck!
    Tomfive likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danmc48 View Post
    This is an out there thought, but because you said you were running the rotary cutter, did you check to see if the engine overheated? I also have the 3025e and one time when i let the grass get really tall and the grass had started to flower, when i mowed, the front grill got covered with debris. I cleaned that off several times while mowing, but after i was done I had to go and vacuum out a lot of debris from inside the engine compartment. the radiator had a pretty good amount of junk stuck to it. The air filter was also pretty dirty.

You probably already looked at this, but just a thought! Good luck!
    Did not have any trouble lights on the instruments cluster
    I did vacuum the engine compartment and cooling coils. Went ahead and removed the removable screen just in case. No time to check for improvement but will go down there soon and try again.
    Mike
    2011 3032e
    front loader, etc.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Update: discussed this shut down with a co worker last week and he suggested a different direction. He thinks this is an electrical protection switch over heating, combined with weakening contacts. The ability to restart immediately and the increasing frequency of the shutdowns make sense to me with what he said.
    Any thoughts?
    69project likes this.
    Mike
    2011 3032e
    front loader, etc.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNNRV View Post
    There are about 372 hours showing.
    I have no confidence in the quality of the fuel that Dad put in this tractor. Could be old, could be contaminated. I assumed that poor fuel would cause loss of power or some derate. But when it runs it runs well. My first attempt at mowing I ran out what fuel I could and drained some more. Could not see anything suspicious looking in through the fill bung. Added new fuel from new 5 gallon jug before my second attempt at mowing.
    Since you follow these these engines, Have you noticed there are several threads for the 3032e with similar symptoms, but none describe an effective remedy?
    I've replied to the threads I found yesterday to see if anyone will come back with more information.
    I have not seen any threads on this particular issue. I have about 225 hours on my 3025E in the past two year and it has never done this. I have bogged the tractor down but that was self inflicted. I do not mow with mine though. One of the other posters mentioned it overheating. My grill does pick up a lot of trash but has never overheated as a result, I could see it getting quite warm if you are using a bush hog or finish mower. I am not sure if the engine computer saves itself when one of sensors detects a engine destroying condition. I know my diesel truck and Pontiac G8 have zero issues going into limp mode if one of the sensors detects something it doesn't like. Maybe the 3 series PCM is that smart as well.

I tend to work in a dusty/weed filled environment using the FEL or a ground engaging implement. The only PTO powered implement I used is a PHD and that is very infrequently and certainly doesn't stress the tractor.

If you put good fuel in and have changed the fuel filter and strainer then maybe its related to the PCM. Does anyone know if the tank itself has an internal strainer that might been clogged with something? My old 400 garden tractor had a setup like that, not sure if JD still does that with their fuel systems.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Thanks
    My 4105 was doing something similar,,, then while mowing, it just quit like it instantly ran out of fuel,,
    AND it would not restart,,,

Well, my fix was so simple, if yours is the same, you gotta promise to come back and tell us,,,

My water separator had about one ounce of water in it,,,

There is a red float in it,, I thought you were supposed to see that red float move up, indicating it needed drained?

Well, the red float never moved,, I opened the little pet cock on the bottom, literally one ounce, or less ,, of water came out,,,

I closed the valve, hit the key, the tractor started right up,,
    there has been ZERO problems in the two times I have used the tractor since,,,
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Thanks
    Now that I think about it,, maybe it is my JD 650 that has the red float,,,

I do not seem to be able to see anything red in that pic??
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Now that I think about it,, maybe it is my JD 650 that has the red float,,,

I do not seem to be able to see anything red in that pic??
    The parts illustration shows a float in the 3032E water separator but there is no indication on what color it is.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast