Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddinham

Thread: 4066R electrical issues

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks

4066R electrical issues

I am having issues with my new 4066R that only has 65 hours of run time. I am blowing the fuse that runs the motion match, e-throttle, load match, and cruise control every time I start the tractor which disables all of these features. Additionally the 3rd function on the FEL no longer works. This is obviously and electrical issue but wondering if anyone else is running into this issue.

I am a little frustrated that this tractor with so few hours is having electrical issues and the power steering hydraulic ram is also leaking.

One other note that may shed light on the electrical problems is that the "backup siren" no longer works correctly, you can barely hear the siren since the electrical issues began, prior to the blowing of fuses the siren was loud and clear.

Short of an easy fix this tractor will be going back to JD for warranty work, but I do need the tractor for the next 2 weeks so if I can fix this myself that would be optimal.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Thanks
    My guess is that when they installed the 3rd SCV, something went wrong. All the other items are factory installed.

Dave
    arlen likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    My guess is that when they installed the 3rd SCV, something went wrong. All the other items are factory installed.

Dave
    I would lean toward backup alarm unless it was factory. Most 3rd SCV's are factory.

Something is mad, it's just a matter of finding it. I would call dealer and have him fix it at your place.

After reading your post again, unplug the siren. It should be easy to do.
    Last edited by wardlake; 06-17-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    3033R, JD Top and Tilt, Rim Guard, IMatch, 3rd SCV, 4th and 5th remotes, Power Beyond, 3rd function on FEL, Auxiliary lights, Heavy Hitch w/ 16 - 42# weights, 320R FEL, 73" heavy bucket with bolt on blade, JD 60" material bucket, JD Pallet Forks, BB2566 Land Pride Box Blade, GS 1572 Land Pride Land Plane, 5' King Kutter Brush Hog, 7' King Kutter land scrape rake and EA 60" single lid grapple. 2-930M ZTracs w/54" and 2-345 w/54" and 519 carts. 620-I Camo Gator w/All Hydraulic Plow.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wardlake View Post
    I would lean toward backup alarm unless it was factory. Most 3rd SCV's are factory.

Something is mad, it's just a matter of finding it. I would call dealer and have him fix it at your place.

The backup alarm is factory standard. My impression has always been that the 3rd SCV is dealer installed. Maybe one of our resident technicians can help here. My point was that anything dealer installed was likely to be the suspect.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    The backup alarm is factory standard. My impression has always been that the 3rd SCV is dealer installed. Maybe one of our resident technicians can help here. My point was that anything dealer installed was likely to be the suspect.

Dave
    Interesting... I was told when looking for my 3033 R, 3rd SCV's were common on tractors with 2 mid SCV's.

I have never seen or heard a backup siren on a compact other than construction sites where they all have to have that feature tractor, skid steer or otherwise.

Something getting stuck in siren horn and shorting it out is where I would start.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Please let us know how you come out.
    3033R, JD Top and Tilt, Rim Guard, IMatch, 3rd SCV, 4th and 5th remotes, Power Beyond, 3rd function on FEL, Auxiliary lights, Heavy Hitch w/ 16 - 42# weights, 320R FEL, 73" heavy bucket with bolt on blade, JD 60" material bucket, JD Pallet Forks, BB2566 Land Pride Box Blade, GS 1572 Land Pride Land Plane, 5' King Kutter Brush Hog, 7' King Kutter land scrape rake and EA 60" single lid grapple. 2-930M ZTracs w/54" and 2-345 w/54" and 519 carts. 620-I Camo Gator w/All Hydraulic Plow.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wardlake View Post

Not sure on other but JD 4 series the 3rd SCV is dealer installed - If you check the option list from Deere when ordering the tractor is says dealer installed and it comes in a separate box from JDparts and not from Augusta with the tractor

I have a 4044R and it came with a backup alarm standard - Mine had a tragic accident and one of the wires got chafed pretty bad so it no longer works, but rest assured it worked and was LOUD
    Charleston, SC
    4044R

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
    Not sure on other but JD 4 series the 3rd SCV is dealer installed - If you check the option list from Deere when ordering the tractor is says dealer installed and it comes in a separate box from JDparts and not from Augusta with the tractor

I have a 4044R and it came with a backup alarm standard - Mine had a tragic accident and one of the wires got chafed pretty bad so it no longer works, but rest assured it worked and was LOUD
    I stand corrected Folks

I am sorry!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements