Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 3039R Cab vibration with MX5

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks

3039R Cab vibration with MX5

My one year old 3039R cab tractor (225 hours) vibrates with the newly purchased MX5. I use this tractor to mow 8-10 acres of grass weekly with a 6' finish mower with ZERO vibrations or troubles, in fact I sometimes forget the mower is running back there! I went to JD and bought a brand new MX5 cutter two weeks ago thursday, brought it home myself and put it on friday AM. The whole tractor vibrates, the steering wheel shakes an inch! Send it back to JD (they picked up) and said its fine, but we will replace the blades to see if it will resolve the issue. They delivered it back this morning, we hooked it to my tractor (they said they had ran it on a 3038e smoothly) and its even worse, the whole tractor vibrates! I sent it back of course, and said not to bring it back I was done with it. The salesman called and told me they cancelled the contract on it (luckily I opted to finance it!) and he was sorry. He then said the service dept had found a bulletin on the 3r cab tractors saying that they all vibrate with a 5' cutter behind them, regardless of the unit. SO, I typed all that to ask this, is he full of it or what? I need a bush hog, want to go buy one today on the way home (bush hog brand or titan 1500) but he said I better take the tractor as it will not work. WTF? I cannot imagine that this tractor cannot use a 5' cutter without shaking itself apart, it makes no sense. Every other PTO driven implement has no problems, my buddies 6' cutter is smooth but he says its ONLY with a 5'! Any words of wisdom? Really need to get some cutting done here, my old 5-1/2' bush hog is worn out but doesnt vibrate this bad! The stump jumper is bent on it and I cannot get it off so its getting replaced. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! FYI I really do want a 5' cutter as I would like it tucked behind the tires so it wont catch small saplings and push the down the sides of the tractor.

Jason
    rtgt likes this.
    Currently,
    2018 JD 3039R cab tractor, skid steer quick connect up front, grapple bucket, smooth bucket, toothed bucket. Rear remotes, plumbed up from also with a diverter valve.

Kubota L225
    Bobcat 328 Mini X
    Deere 350B track loader
    TONS of implements

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    My MX6 would vibrate from time to time on my 3046r. To stop it I would hit some super thick grass or start and stop the PTO. I think one blade would get stuck from time to time. Most of the time it was like any other cutter.

I now have an MX5 with my 2038. I love it. Yes, you can tell when itís on but it has never vibrated like the MX6 did. All cutters will let you know when theyíre spinning.

I doubt it has anything to do with the tractor. I would bet itís not balanced correctly. Another theory is that they have the blades to where they donít swing back and forth freely.

I really like the MX series of cutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    arlen, JD4044M and ttazzman like this.
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milharri View Post
    My MX6 would vibrate from time to time on my 3046r. To stop it I would hit some super thick grass or start and stop the PTO. I think one blade would get stuck from time to time. Most of the time it was like any other cutter.

I now have an MX5 with my 2038. I love it. Yes, you can tell when itís on but it has never vibrated like the MX6 did. All cutters will let you know when theyíre spinning.

I doubt it has anything to do with the tractor. I would bet itís not balanced correctly. Another theory is that they have the blades to where they donít swing back and forth freely.

I really like the MX series of cutters.

THanks for the reply, the first thing we checked (both times) was that the blade were free and all the way "slung out".. They were. This isnt a small vibration, the whole dash shakes, the pallet forks up front shake an inch back and forth. I doubt the tractor is to blame also, i think this cutter just had an issue and they couldnt/wouldnt find it. I too like the MX cutters, they look great and have all the right features. This one fell very short, and kinda left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I avoided stopping at another dealer and buying something else today, but I have work to do and I will be buying one soon, maybe friday. My flatbed was pronounced repaired today so that makes it very easy just to stop and buy something, dont even have to pull a trailer!

Thanks again,

Jason
    rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    Currently,
    2018 JD 3039R cab tractor, skid steer quick connect up front, grapple bucket, smooth bucket, toothed bucket. Rear remotes, plumbed up from also with a diverter valve.

Kubota L225
    Bobcat 328 Mini X
    Deere 350B track loader
    TONS of implements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 3039R cab tractor with 250 hours and an MX5 that I bought a couple of months ago. The guy I got the MX5 from bought it new in 2017. I have almost no vibration when I am using the MX5. I would say I have no more vibration than if I was running a mid mount mower (I had a a mid mount on my 4110). Something is wrong with pto shaft/gear box/blades on the MX5 you had.
    rtgt and JD4044M like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 08:21 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 3039r with a cab and about 100hrs with the frontier 5í. I pick up a vibration if I hit something to throw the blade off, but it smooths back out after a little more mowing. Iíd say there is a little more vibration than running the mid mount mower, but not an unusual amount more, just feels like here is something more substantial rotating back there.

On an older unit, I noticed it would rust up a bit and hang in a unbalanced state more and could be difficult to free up and balance back out.
    rtgt, JD4044M and JD4044M like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
    THanks for the reply, the first thing we checked (both times) was that the blade were free and all the way "slung out".. They were. This isnt a small vibration, the whole dash shakes, the pallet forks up front shake an inch back and forth. I doubt the tractor is to blame also, i think this cutter just had an issue and they couldnt/wouldnt find it. I too like the MX cutters, they look great and have all the right features. This one fell very short, and kinda left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I avoided stopping at another dealer and buying something else today, but I have work to do and I will be buying one soon, maybe friday. My flatbed was pronounced repaired today so that makes it very easy just to stop and buy something, dont even have to pull a trailer!

Thanks again,

Jason
    Maybe try a different MX5 before going to another brand?

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maybe try a different MX5 before going to another brand?

I would have, but they said the tractor can not be used with a 5' cutter. They suggested I try an MX6. That was their only option, and I really want to stay with a 5' cutter for now. I have a larger cutter and its a pain to use in some of the areas I need to cut. I do NOT believe the tractor is to blame, but thats what JD says. I wonder if that position would change if I pressed the issue and wanted the tractor to be repaired? I am not even considering that as I cant be without the tractor for them to play games, and if they cant find whats out of balance in a cutter what makes me think they could fix the tractor? Kind of lose faith in their service dept when things like this happen.

Jason
    rtgt and JD4044M like this.
    Currently,

Kubota L225
    Bobcat 328 Mini X
    Deere 350B track loader
    TONS of implements

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
    I would have, but they said the tractor can not be used with a 5' cutter. They suggested I try an MX6. That was their only option, and I really want to stay with a 5' cutter for now. I have a larger cutter and its a pain to use in some of the areas I need to cut. I do NOT believe the tractor is to blame, but thats what JD says. I wonder if that position would change if I pressed the issue and wanted the tractor to be repaired? I am not even considering that as I cant be without the tractor for them to play games, and if they cant find whats out of balance in a cutter what makes me think they could fix the tractor? Kind of lose faith in their service dept when things like this happen.

Jason
    Man thatís crazy. I feel like youíre gonna lose out on a good cutter because of them. You donít live in south Texas do you? If so you can test my MX5 out.

Woods does make a good cutter as well if youíre looking at a different dealer now. I had one of their tillers and was very happy with it.

rtgt likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Man that’s crazy. I feel like you’re gonna lose out on a good cutter because of them. You don’t live in south Texas do you? If so you can test my MX5 out.

Woods does make a good cutter as well if you’re looking at a different dealer now. I had one of their tillers and was very happy with it.

I am in central Alabama. I have cut with an MX7 on a 5095M and its a great cutter. I think the MX mowers do a fantastic job but I am not going to jump thru hoops to buy something from deere that other folks make as well. There are some very nice cutters on the market from several manufacturers. I am going to look at a Titan 1505 today, and I will look at bush hog next. Not sure what I will do after that, if it goes that far.

Jason
    Last edited by jtb51b; 07-04-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    rtgt likes this.
    Currently,

Kubota L225
    Bobcat 328 Mini X
    Deere 350B track loader
    TONS of implements

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Thanks
    Iíve had the opposite experience as the OP. My MX5 mower was smooth as silk behind my 40Hp Kubota tractor, and I now have an MX6 that I run behind my 4052R. Zero complaints on either.

rtgt likes this.
    JD 5052R
    JD 5100M
    JD 835M XUV
    JD 650G Dozer
    Kubota KX-057
    Kubota ZD1211

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast