Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4066r Hydraulic Ordering Help Please

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks

4066r Hydraulic Ordering Help Please

Hello,

I would appreciate some help ordering hydraulics for a new cab model 4066r. Even my dealer is confused.

I don't have much prior experience with hydraulics. I have read a lot of posts here about that subject, but I can't seem to find the answers I need. I can't even figure it out with the ordering guide.

I hope I can post my questions correctly.

I am getting older and less able to jump in and out of a cab, so I'm hoping to order the best most versatile hydraulic setup in the beginning to allow me to operate the most implements in the future from inside the cab.

Ideally, I would like to have everything available. But I can't even tell what "everything" is. If you got a 4066r "maxed out" hydraulically what would that look like?

Minimum: I would at least like the 3rd SCV for a grapple, and 4th, 5th, (6th and 7th) in the back, in order to operate a hydraulic rear blade and whatever implements I am able to acquire over time. However, this sounds impossible.

There seem to be trade offs. Like you can't have "Top and Tilt" AND "Downforce". You can't have more than 2 rear hydraulic SCV's in the back (the 4th and 5th) unless you make some kind of trade off with your front 3rd SCV that will divert it temporarily to the rear. And that still leaves me needing one more. Would "power beyond" help at all?

So, for the four hydraulic functions available on a rear blade. How best could I do that? I thought maybe top n tilt would take care of two of them but how to set up the tractor hydraulics best - for the other two (offset and the blade rotation)?

Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 4066R with 1st and 2nd SCV's (loader) and 4th and 5th SCV's in the rear. Were I ordering it today (bought mine the way it is), I would order what I have already, plus 3rd SCV with lines to the loader front and lines to the rear. As I understand it, that would give you 3 pairs of outlets in the rear with one being controlled by the 3rd SCV. I am not real familiar with power beyond, but I don't think that will help you unless maybe you go to a separate set of hyd levers.

I do have the hyd top link but have no use for the hyd tilt, so that frees up one of my outlets to use for my hyd angle 8ft rear blade. I never change the side to side tilt of the 3pt, so a hyd tilt would have been of no use to me. I do use the hyd top link pretty much every time I use the tractor. For a rear blade, if you have 2 sets of outlets to control angle and tilt, that should be pretty much all you need. Some of the bigger rear blades also have hyd lateral movement, but I have not seen any on an 8ft blade which is the biggest you should consider on a 4 series. Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics (vendor on GTT) can fix you up for a hyd top link only for less $ than the JD version which I believes only comes in top and tilt.

Dave
    BigJim55, theduke and Greenhope like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

Greenhope†(07-07-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Thanks

4066r Hydraulic Ordering Help Please

I just went through the same as you, I got 1&2 for the loader, 3rd service hard plumbed for the rear, I am using 3rd for my hydraulic top link. The 3rd can be hard plumbed to the front for a grapple, itís your choice at time of ordering. I have also heard you can put a ďTĒ fitting in the third line? and this way it can be hard plumbed to the front and rear. (Both will work at the same time though). I also got 4&5 for the rear, 4&5 are really nice because they have their own levers and have a great feel. I did not get 6&7, they run with an electric diverter off 1&2, not only does it get confusing, if you donít divert often, they stick (rust inside the valve) and it is a pain in the neck getting them freed to work. I had the electric diverter in my 3 series and Iím glad the diverter is gone. I have hydraulic down pressure and power beyond. I chose down pressure over top and tilt (one or the other). I did purchase a hydraulic top link from Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics, order the top link when you order your tractor, itís a 20 week wait.

Good Luck and you are getting a great tractor!

Kevin

John Deere 4066R
    Last edited by kevinl; 07-07-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    JKR, BigJim55, theduke and 1 others like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinl For This Useful Post:

Greenhope†(07-07-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhope View Post
    Hello,

I would appreciate some help ordering hydraulics for a new cab model 4066r. Even my dealer is confused.

I don't have much prior experience with hydraulics. I have read a lot of posts here about that subject, but I can't seem to find the answers I need. I can't even figure it out with the ordering guide.

I hope I can post my questions correctly.

I am getting older and less able to jump in and out of a cab, so I'm hoping to order the best most versatile hydraulic setup in the beginning to allow me to operate the most implements in the future from inside the cab.

Ideally, I would like to have everything available. But I can't even tell what "everything" is. If you got a 4066r "maxed out" hydraulically what would that look like?

Minimum: I would at least like the 3rd SCV for a grapple, and 4th, 5th, (6th and 7th) in the back, in order to operate a hydraulic rear blade and whatever implements I am able to acquire over time. However, this sounds impossible.

There seem to be trade offs. Like you can't have "Top and Tilt" AND "Downforce". You can't have more than 2 rear hydraulic SCV's in the back (the 4th and 5th) unless you make some kind of trade off with your front 3rd SCV that will divert it temporarily to the rear. And that still leaves me needing one more. Would "power beyond" help at all?

So, for the four hydraulic functions available on a rear blade. How best could I do that? I thought maybe top n tilt would take care of two of them but how to set up the tractor hydraulics best - for the other two (offset and the blade rotation)?

Thanks for any help.
    Get the 3rd, 4th & 5th SCVs. If there is a 6th and 7th available, you still might end up short. I'm still not sure that the 6th & 7th SCVs are even available if you get the 4th & 5th.

Several things to consider.

I believe that the down force kit uses one of the SCVs??

When you push down and exert the 500lbs of down pressure that the system exerts, you have now taken away that much rear traction. Some of that is transferred to the front axle though.

It sounds like you plan on getting heavy duty implements which is what you really need in my opinion if you plan on doing a fair amount of grading. With 1000lb implements (plus or minus), you won't need the additional down pressure.

Get a top & tilt set, (not the JD set, it's engineered wrong IMO) this allows you to tilt all implements, not just a rear blade with full hydraulics. The T&T set pictured is what you would get if purchased from me.

Get an RBT3596 or even an RBT4096 with hydraulic offset and angle from Land Pride. Oh and don't forget to get skid shoes for any rear blade that you may get.

One of the reasons for recommending the LP blades besides they are among the best blades available, is because they provide the most offset capability in the industry. (30" for these series of blades) If you plan on getting the gauge wheels, then the 40 series is out. As much as the gauge wheels cost, I would try using the blade without them to start will. Depending on how good of an operator you are will determine if you actually need them or not.

If extreme tilt is needed, manually set it and fine tune with the 3pt hitch tilt. In all my years of grading, I have never needed to have my rear blade tilted steeper that what the 3pt hitch tilt provides.

If you need at a minimum of 4 sets of rear SCVs. You can add a set of after market diverters and get that using one of either the 4th or 5th SCV for the controlling valve of the added diverters.

I have a double diverter set on my bigger tractor and a triple diverter set on my smaller tractor. You install a control grip on one of your rear SCV levers and all the additional controls are at your finger tips.

Hopefully others will give you more facts as to the factory hydraulic ordering options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_3504.JPG IMG_1469.JPG Copy of IMG_3436.JPG

JKR, BigJim55 and Greenhope like this.
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtnViewRanch For This Useful Post:

BigJim55†(07-07-2019), Greenhope†(07-07-2019)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Brian, Kevin and Dave for your replies.

I knew when I posted this request for advice... I was asking a lot. Much appreciated!

I am still digesting your posts... I'll be back with more.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Thanks
    i think from the factory i would want all 5 scvs ...with the 3rd as mentioned T'ed and plumbed to both front and rear....5 is all they show as being availible....anything beyond that would have to be added as a diverter etc ...as i understand it...it suprizes me they cant add/offer additional electro/hydralic scvs

on my 5m ....i have 6 total ....1/2 loader...3rd electro/hydro to frount.....then 3 on the back .....so i know you can get more in the 5 series but that is a serious physical size jump
    Greenhope likes this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ttazzman For This Useful Post:

Greenhope†(07-16-2019)

13. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

Hello again

Well I just was working on an update and had just about finished when I lost it all. I am too tired to remember it all tonight. I am going to the dealership tomorrow to have a face to face about these hydraulics and will take my notes from your responses with me. Thank you so much for giving me some ideas. The dealer and I are both learning it seems about the 4066r's hydraulic possibilities. I think I'm one of the first to want top and tilt and definitely one of the first to want 4 rear hydraulic options around here. At first they thought that top and tilt were separate from the 4th and 5th, so I would still have the use of the 4th and 5th, but then we learned that was not the case. I wish they could just call the factory and find out. Seems like that would be the simplest answer... but evidently John Deere has a hierarchy that makes that not easy to do.

If you are watching us John Deere, we are the faithful and we need a simpler way to get through this maze. I already have a weird attachment to my 1025r and z950r just seeing the help they have provided, I can't imagine what progress I might be able to achieve with this 4066r.

I just hope I learn something through this struggle that might make it easier on someone else.

P.S. To the moderator. As I'm slowly learning this site. If I post something wrong, or in the wrong place... please feel free to move it or whatever you deem necessary for the greater good. Thanks.

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,120 Times in 2,569 Posts
    Have you and your dealer viewed the document in this thread?

4R Hydraulic Options Ordering Guides
    Greenhope likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Greenhope†(07-25-2019), ttazzman†(07-16-2019)

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Thanks
    Have you tried the "build your own" on the JD website?

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

Greenhope†(07-25-2019)

18. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Have you tried the "build your own" on the JD website?

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dave,
    Yes, I have. It didn't help, but "I" might be the problem. :-)

19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast