Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwoods

Thread: 4710 rear diverter operation

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 09:50 PM
    Thanks

4710 rear diverter operation

New here with a 4710 factory rear diverter question: The TM described the switch as having off, on and set positions. What is the operational difference between “on” and “set” positions? I am planning to tap the wiring to put a momentary switch on the joystick to operate a grapple.

I have enjoyed browsing this site from Google searches in the past. I couldn’t find my answer that way this time so I have gone live.

Thanks,

Ron

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    Deere verified today that “set” opens a continuous flow for backhoes, etc.
    Ron

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Sorry I missed your question,
    The "diverter" kit switches the two joystick functions (SCV #1 and #2) from the mid-connections to the rear creating your 4th and 5th SCV's. So, as I see it, there is no way to to have continuous flow unless you tie or otherwise hold the joystick over, up, or down.

Are you sure the kit your describing and asking about is the diverter or 4th 5th option?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

rwoods (07-11-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Sorry I missed your question,
    The "diverter" kit switches the two joystick functions (SCV #1 and #2) from the mid-connections to the rear creating your 4th and 5th SCV's. So, as I see it, there is no way to to have continuous flow unless you tie or otherwise hold the joystick over, up, or down.

Are you sure the kit your describing and asking about is the diverter or 4th 5th option?
    I just now saw your post, thanks. You are correct. I took their word for it but from studying the valve there is nothing that works independently of the joystick. I had concluded the same thing earlier this evening and verified it by running the tractor though it is still disassembled and on blocks. Your post was reassuring. Also means I still don’t have an answer. The TM shows off as a rocked back position, on as a straight across position and set as a rocked forward position. The switch mechanically has these three positions. In the set position the joystick works the rear remotes. I could tell no functional difference between off and on positions - in other words the front remotes work in either of these two positions. I will try and test the switch for conductivity tomorrow. Hopefully someone here has the optional diverter valve and knows the reason for having an on and a set position.

Ron
    Kennyd likes this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I checked the switch for continuity tonight and believe I have this figured out. Straight across and a rearward indent are the same - the switch is off. Forward indent switch is on. Forward indent with a downward push is set; release the pressure and switch springs back to on. Thus it seems on powers a “latch” and set powers the opening of the valve. The continuous flow is just a joy stick position unless mine just sticks.

Ron

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements