Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Starting my hunt for a 4066R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Thanks

Starting my hunt for a 4066R

I currently have an almost 20 year old JD4600. I bought it used with 125 hours on it. It now has 625. When I bought it, I told myself (and the wife) that this tractor would last me the rest of my life...Well, I got old. Sitting out in the hot sun mowing or in the -10 temps blowing snow back in my face, just isn't the same now that I turned 50 So now I want a cab with heat and AC

It looks like, similar to other recent JD model lines, the 4066R has gone through a recent refresh. I see 2017 and older with the H180 loader and 2018+ with the 440R loader. Was 2018 a refresh year?

Anything in particular wrong with the 4066R that I should be careful about? There seem to be a number of them used with under 200 hours for about 10 grand less than normal selling price. I supposed with JD selling new ones for 0% APR, it's hard to sell a used one.

The 4052R used seems to be selling for the same price as the 4066R used. Any reason to look at the 4052R?

Most of my implements are rated at under 35-40HP PTO shaft. Will I cause them any long term harm using them on a bigger machine? I assume as long as my clutches are in working order, I should be OK?

Looking at: 4066R, full cab, radio, 3rd,4th,5th SCV, Loader, R4 tires.

Uses: Mowing with 3pt brush cutter, moving dirt, moving stuff around with palette forks, 3pt snow blower in the winter.
    rtgt, Old Cajun and MalleeRanger like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Thanks
    You are off to a good start. 4066R comes with the deluxe cab and includes such things as the air ride seat. You will want mirrors for both sides. Front and rear wipers. Maybe a radio. Hyd top link. For the 3rd SCV, get lines to both the front and rear. iMatch. Ballast box with extensions. You will have more lifting power and need ballast.

Go big or go home. Get the 4066R and forget the smaller HP 4 series. You can never have too much HP.

Dave
    rtgt, jdmich, Old Cajun and 1 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,014 Posts
    What he said ^^^^^^^^^^.
    rtgt likes this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    One more thing and maybe more as I think of them. Consider the vertical exhaust. I have it and like it just fine. You can see it in this video 4066R hill pulling - YouTube

Dave
    rtgt, BigJim55, jdmich and 1 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    One more thing and maybe more as I think of them. Consider the vertical exhaust. I have it and like it just fine. You can see it in this video 4066R hill pulling - YouTube

Dave
    Looks like you were running a bit hot towards the end,.......

Jeff
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Looks like you were running a bit hot towards the end,.......

Jeff

Yep, it WAS running hot for some time. Recently I decided to tackle that after finding out from another post that I could take off the front grill. Well, that allowed me to see where the problem was. I estimate that the front of the radiator was at least 1/3rd blocked. After cleaning that out, it no longer runs hot. My A/C even works better. This blockage was not noticeable until I removed the grill. I have another post showing some of this.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dirty radiator2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	695198
    JD 4066R CAB

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

Price check

Found a potential candidate....

MY2018 4066R, cab heat/ac radio
    R4 tires
    55 hours
    440R loader with skid steer brackets
    Imatch quick hitch

includes:
    Bucket
    Forks
    Frontier 72" aerator
    Frontier 72" 3pt rototiller

Asking $45,000.

Sound like a decent deal?

No wheel weights
    no 3rd, 4th, 5th SCV so would have to add those.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualGreen View Post
    Found a potential candidate....

MY2018 4066R, cab heat/ac radio
    R4 tires
    55 hours
    440R loader with skid steer brackets
    Imatch quick hitch

includes:
    Bucket
    Forks
    Frontier 72" aerator
    Frontier 72" 3pt rototiller

Asking $45,000.

Sound like a decent deal?

No wheel weights
    no 3rd, 4th, 5th SCV so would have to add those.
    The real question is: do you need or want the aerator and tiller? No more than $40,000 without them. You will really like the SSQA loader connectors.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    The real question is: do you need or want the aerator and tiller? No more than $40,000 without them. You will really like the SSQA loader connectors.

Dave
    Don't need the aerator. The tiller is nice...I have a King Kutter now, so that would be sold.

This one is 5 hrs away, so maybe not that great of a deal...

Is the air ride seat std equipment with the cab models? Some advertise it, some don't.

Also, I see some advertising front suspension. Is that std equip?

Interesting the number of these for sale under 100 hours, taking a 8 grand or so hit on depreciation in only a year?

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualGreen View Post
    Don't need the aerator. The tiller is nice...I have a King Kutter now, so that would be sold.

This one is 5 hrs away, so maybe not that great of a deal...

Is the air ride seat std equipment with the cab models? Some advertise it, some don't.

Also, I see some advertising front suspension. Is that std equip?

Interesting the number of these for sale under 100 hours, taking a 8 grand or so hit on depreciation in only a year?
    Those may be off lease. Air ride seat is standard on 4066R. The only front suspension i am aware of is the optional loader suspension.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    JD 4066R CAB

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast