• 2 Post By 69project
  • 3 Post By ch612

Thread: 3025E Diff-loc always on?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks

3025E Diff-loc always on?

So today I am out brush hogging and after about an hour I start having a hard time turning a corner. Front end "slides", motor drops rpm and it steers like the log skidder with the diff-loc in or the tri-axle with the Eaton tandems in full loc. Have not used the diff-loc or the brakes since I started mowing today. Nothing under the machine looks different, but it does not want to make even a circle in my pasture. All of my other Deere machines have diff-locs but they are the hydraulic hit/kick the pedal type. Any thoughts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ch612 View Post
    So today I am out brush hogging and after about an hour I start having a hard time turning a corner. Front end "slides", motor drops rpm and it steers like the log skidder with the diff-loc in or the tri-axle with the Eaton tandems in full loc. Have not used the diff-loc or the brakes since I started mowing today. Nothing under the machine looks different, but it does not want to make even a circle in my pasture. All of my other Deere machines have diff-locs but they are the hydraulic hit/kick the pedal type. Any thoughts.........
    If you pull up several clicks on the parking brake it will engage the diff lock full time. Check and make sure you parking brake is fully released. I know if I don't make a conscious decision to make sure it is fully released it I sometimes don't bottom it out.

If that isn't it then look under the tractor to make sure you don't have a stick or something jammed in there since you were bush hogging.
    theduke and 1010 like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Funny you mention the parking brake. The handle came apart and the button retracted enough so as not to be seen. Put the handle back together and the problem was after that. Checked to see if there was anything stuck under the machine and there was no sticks (the Holsteins have mowed most everything).

Going out now to look at that park brake.

THANK YOU !!!!
    BigJim55, 69project and theduke like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements