• 1 Post By Milharri
  • 1 Post By JDLTG

Thread: First Regen

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-08-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up First Regen

Well, it finally happened. The 3046R finally performed a regen. It happened at exactly 50 hours. (Which makes me believe that it was programmed to do so) I was hovering around 65-69% soot. It would go up, I would work the tractor a little hard mowing and it would go down. It had actually gone down to 65% last night right before it went into regen, which further leads me to believe it is an hour limit and not a soot limit. I suspect it is every 50 hours or whenever the soot gets to a high level. (I didn't consider 68% high)

And of course, as others have experienced, it happened at exactly the wrong time. I had literally just throttled back to idle, shut the PTO off and was getting ready to put it in the barn when the little white puff of smoke light lit up. I just let it do its thing. It took about 20-25 minutes. Engine ran smoother than it normally does at 1500 RPM. I did note puffs of smoke when advancing the throttle a few times. I thought that is what we were trying to avoid?

Now she is at zero soot and zero hours since last regen. I noted it wont "zero out" until it is shut down and restarted.

Jeff
    Herminator likes this.
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Well, it finally happened. The 3046R finally performed a regen. It happened at exactly 50 hours. (Which makes me believe that it was programmed to do so) I was hovering around 65-69% soot. It would go up, I would work the tractor a little hard mowing and it would go down. It had actually gone down to 65% last night right before it went into regen, which further leads me to believe it is an hour limit and not a soot limit. I suspect it is every 50 hours or whenever the soot gets to a high level. (I didn't consider 68% high)

And of course, as others have experienced, it happened at exactly the wrong time. I had literally just throttled back to idle, shut the PTO off and was getting ready to put it in the barn when the little white puff of smoke light lit up. I just let it do its thing. It took about 20-25 minutes. Engine ran smoother than it normally does at 1500 RPM. I did note puffs of smoke when advancing the throttle a few times. I thought that is what we were trying to avoid?

Now she is at zero soot and zero hours since last regen. I noted it wont "zero out" until it is shut down and restarted.

Jeff
    Make sure to give the tractor some special "celebratory fuel additive" AS A REWARD for making the reGen.......I would imagine it feels like it just had a real "cleansing" moment........sort of like after the morning coffee.....

Seriously, I would suggest running some "Hot Shot Diesel Extreme" in the fuel as it really does cut down on the smoke and it helps extend the time between re gen's, which means it's burning cleaner, which doesn't hurt a thing. The ULSD has been stripped of lubricity and other components in the refining process and it's really amazing what some of these additive can do. I got tired of dealing with the smoke on the FEL and snow plow and started using Hot Shot Diesel Extreme in every other jug of fuel and haven't cleaned smoke residue since.............plus it "rattles less" and runs smoother.....
    Herminator likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Jet Dr.†(07-20-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    Yep, the first one is at 50 hours. The next are dependent on soot level. I was able to time my 2038r so I wouldíve in the middle of mowing when it happened, hot day at full throttle and it didnít take very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Herminator likes this.
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Milharri For This Useful Post:

Jet Dr.†(07-20-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    My 4044R did itís first Active Regen at 28 hrs. The soot level was at 77%. It has 33 hrs on it now and the soot level is still at 0%. When I bought it there was 8 hrs on the clock and it already had a soot level of 29%. I suspect it spent that time idling on the lot. Iíll see what happens when I get to 50 hrs.
    Herminator likes this.
    Lee

2018 JD 4044R/440R loader, 1939 JD model B, 2016 JD X380, 2017 JD X570 mowers. JD 503 brush mower, Frontier GM1060E finish mower, Frontier WC1105 wood chipper, JD 655 tiller. Cyclone Rake XL, Cyclone Rake Nut Rake, Misc discs and cultivators.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements