Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Safety Dave

Thread: Video power supply 3025e

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks

Video power supply 3025e

I have a 2017 3025e. I am installing a video camera and monitor. The camera is powered from the monitor.
    The camera will be on the Tractor Caddy mounted on the roll bar. The monitor will hang from the square tube that supports the canopy above the steering wheel. I am looking for suggestions on where to get the power supply. I want it to be turned on and off with the key. Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
    Last edited by Safety Dave; 07-26-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    JD 2017 3025E w/ loader. Titan 36 " Forks, Armstrong Box Blade, Armstrong Rock Rake, Frontier 2060 Cutter, Woodland Mills WC 68 chipper and WG stump grinder

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety Dave View Post
    I have a 2017 3025e. I am installing a video camera and monitor. The camera is powered from the monitor.
    The camera will be on the Tractor Caddy mounted on the roll bar. The monitor will hang from the square tube that supports the canopy above the steering wheel. I am looking for suggestions on where to get the power supply. I want it to be turned on and off with the key. Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
    I don't know what kind of power your camera and monitor will pull but I always prefer running through a relay rather than piggy backing on something else. You can piggy back off a switched circuit to trigger the relay as that won't add much of a load to it but I always carry the load for the accessory right off the battery with properly sized wire which is fused.

This is how I wire all the accessories on my motorcycles and I run a ton of non OEM stuff. 3 GPS units, Cell phone and tablet charger, multiple lights (Fog and Driving), multiple radios, ports for heated gear, heated grips, aftermarket cruise control and probably a bunch of stuff I am forgetting.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    Current draw is less that 2 amps, wiring harness for the unit has a 2 amp fuse to protect both units.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2017 3025E w/ loader. Titan 36 " Forks, Armstrong Box Blade, Armstrong Rock Rake, Frontier 2060 Cutter, Woodland Mills WC 68 chipper and WG stump grinder

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements