Adding to the Green Fleet: 1025R TLB + 3046R or 4066R ???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Adding to the Green Fleet: 1025R TLB + 3046R or 4066R ???

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks

Good morning everyone!
    GTT has been a wealth of information for us since purchasing the 1025R. Many thanks to all who contribute and moderate!

We are thinking itís time to add to the fleet! Now operating a 12 acre apple farm bought next door. Long driveway so snow removal with cab and front blower is a must.

We have box blade, rake, tiller, post hole digger and rear mounted snow blower on the 1025R. Would like to be able to use some of these implements on the larger machine???

Thinking rear backhoe on the 3R or 4R is needed for trees and trenches.
    Thinking power beyond and 4th and 5th hydraulics kits at factory install. Anything else?

Been leaning to the 4066R as the 3046R looks tippy to me.....and maybe the extra power is useful for the snow. The 1025R is a workhorse for smaller things and keeping that.

Interested in your thoughts on which way to go here. Used machines donít seem like such a bargain these days with the dealer incentives and warranty, but Iím keeping an open mind.

Always interested in your thoughts as the collective knowledge here is impressive.

Many thanks in advance!
    Jim
    rtgt likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 863 Posts
    What width are your implements like the box blade and rake?

I have a 3039R with R4 tires.

I had a 5' box blade and a 5' rear blade.

I upgraded the box blade to 6' and sold the rear blade. I still have my 5' rotary cutter.

5' will just cover the rear tire tracks. If I replace the rear blade it will be at least 7' so that it can be used at an angle.

The 4 series will be even wider.
    Jimboy, PJR832 and JD4044M like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    If I was in your shoes and could afford a 4066R than that's the route I would go. The extra lift capacity with the 440R MSL loader, particularly, and the stronger backhoe, would be worth the upgrade. Though if you're looking at cost, a 3039r should work out just fine with the 320R loader and 375a backhoe.

Rick
    BigJim55, Jimboy and PJR832 like this.
    2017 JD X758 54HC deck, 54" front blade, Reugg Cat1 3pt, & Front Fenders
    2018 JD 3039r Deluxe Cab w/ Air Ride Seat & Mid PTO; 320r Loader w/ HD bucket, 3rd function, & BoltOn Hooks & Receiver; 375A backhoe w/ 18" & 9" buckets; 72D deck; Horst Forks; Ballast Box; Landpride FDR 2584; ProWorks Tree Puller; EA 55" Wicked Grapple

FS: 72D autoconnect deck setup for 3r tractors

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks
    My advice would be front mounted blower and cab on the 1025 for snow removal, I have the 54Ē blower on the front of my 1025 and I have yet to meet snow it canít handle, and we sometimes get stuff 4 - 5 feet deep. Smaller tractor is much more maneuverable for snow removal.

Then have the bigger tractor set up with a loader and backhoe for the heavy work.
    BigJim55, Jimboy and PJR832 like this.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone!
    Dealer has shown me a 4066R Snow Tractor. Basically a 4066R with full cab, loader, 4/5 SCV, block heater, Nokian tires and mechanical seat....no air seat offered on this set up. Any experiences with this machine?

Looking to set up with a drag behind blower mounted on rear 3PT so can use loader. Upgrading to MSL loader.

Open to thoughts and suggestions.
    Last edited by Jimboy; 07-31-2019 at 05:40 AM.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-06-2019 @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    Dealer has shown me a 4066R Snow Tractor. Basically a 4066R with full cab, loader, 4/5 SCV, block heater, Nokian tires and mechanical seat....no air seat offered on this set up. Any experiences with this machine?

Looking to set up with a drag behind blower mounted on rear 3PT so can use loader. Upgrading to MSL loader.

I think you will be very happy with a 4066R. We have a 4052R open station and while it sounds our uses differ quite a bit from yours, I don't think I would be able to complete half the work I do using a 3 series in its place. The mechanical seat will be just fine. That is what we have and it cushions quite well if you adjust the weight accordingly. The 4th and 5th SCV are also a must. When not using your 3pt blower, you can add a hydraulic top and side link (top and tilt kit) for use with your box blade. Some of the implements you use on your 1025R may be undersized (box blade) for the 4066R, but once you have a 4R, you won't ever want to box blade with the 1025R again. The workload isn't even comparable. I.e. you may have to swap out to some bigger implements. Totally worth it in my opinion. We have all kinds of videos of our 4052R working on our YouTube page. They should give you a sense of what such a tractor is capable of. Our most recent one is below. Excited to see what you purchase!

Jimboy likes this.
    IndyFarmLife - (Adam or Chris)
    Check us out on YouTube - Indy Farm Life

Tractors: JD 4052R, JD 4105, JD 2520 Other Non-Green Machines: Case 580K backhoe, Grasshopper 928D, Grasshopper 721D, Husqvarna 390XP, 450, 455 and 460 Rancher

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    I went with a 3046R because it will still go through a standard garage door with a cab. If you have a tall shed door, get the bigger tractor.
    Jimboy and JD4044M like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Thanks

Thanks everyone!

I just upgraded from a cab 3033R to a cab 4066R, I have the Nokian snows on mine and they are the best all around tire, great ride and plenty of traction and yes they are big tires! I have the air ride seat, a new 4066R should come standard with an air ride seat??? It has gobs of power and still good in tight spots. The 440 loader is a delight to use.

I just received my new 7í Grattex snow boxes for the loader and I have new Normand 82Ē Hybrid Snowblowers for the rear coming in next week. It is so much easier hitching up 3pt snowblowers than front mount blowers.

So much more tractor in the 4 series.

Good Luck,

Kevin

John Deere 4066R
    Last edited by kevinl; 07-31-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Jimboy and danmc48 like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the posts in the last couple of days!
    I will ask about the air seat....itís definitely a 4066R....called a Snow Tractor Model in the JD factory spec manual. I will ask about the seat again to be sure, dealer said it can be problematic and I just wonder if cold conditions may cause problems with water in the compressor/air bladder freezing over winter. I still like the idea of the air seat, but the simplicity of the mechanical is appealing too. Has anyone compared the ride quality.....is it day and night difference or just a bit better?

Glad to hear the Nokians are a good General purpose tire as I will have tilling to do and donít want to get stuck in spring mud. Machine is coming with heavy duty bucket. I will be ordering Kens hooks as I did on the 1025R.

Thanks again for all thoughts and opinions! Yes my shed opening is huge so parking wonít be a problem.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the posts in the last couple of days!
    I will ask about the air seat....itís definitely a 4066R....called a Snow Tractor Model in the JD factory spec manual. I will ask about the seat again to be sure, dealer said it can be problematic and I just wonder if cold conditions may cause problems with water in the compressor/air bladder freezing over winter. I still like the idea of the air seat, but the simplicity of the mechanical is appealing too. Has anyone compared the ride quality.....is it day and night difference or just a bit better?

Glad to hear the Nokians are a good General purpose tire as I will have tilling to do and donít want to get stuck in spring mud. Machine is coming with heavy duty bucket. I will be ordering Kens hooks as I did on the 1025R.

Thanks again for all thoughts and opinions! Yes my shed opening is huge so parking wonít be a problem.
    The air ride seat is night and day over the spring ride, I would not want the spring seat again. Interesting thought about freezing in the winter, time will tell. The heavy duty bucket comes with chain loops already installed, not sure you will need hooks. I did order hydraulic top links from Fit-Rite, those will arrive tomorrow. Order that early, times from order to ship is about 20 weeks.

Good luck,

Kevin

John Deere 4066R
    Jimboy and JD4044M like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinl For This Useful Post:

MtnViewRanch†(08-01-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast