• 1 Post By balrog006
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: 4720 SCV control lever linkage repairs

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks

4720 SCV control lever linkage repairs

I've searched everywhere for info regarding rebuilding the SCV control lever linkage on an open station 4720 and can find nothing helpful. My 2013 4720 (open station) loader 'joystick' has reached the point where it is very difficult to operate with accuracy and consistency. Getting the bucket to operate is now nothing but hit and miss. Has anybody rebuilt the linkage? From what I can determine, there is no relatively simple access to the linkage. It sounds like removing the seat, seat support, seat closeout assembly, fender, etc. is necessary. Does anyone know a reasonable shortcut way to access the mechanical linkage? Thanks for any advice available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Thanks
    If it’s anything like my FIL’s 4610-his snapped linkage resulted in a trip to the dealer and over $1K to fix, it was a very involved and complex fix.
    johncanfield likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    Here is a screenshot from JDParts, it shows the linkages involved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.44.35 PM.png  
    johncanfield likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlky View Post
    It sounds like removing the seat, seat support, seat closeout assembly, fender, etc. is necessary. Does anyone know a reasonable shortcut way to access the mechanical linkage? Thanks for any advice available.
    On my 3320 I've removed all of the above components to access the scv (3rd function install) and found it was fairly easy but it does take a bit of time. I would think the 4 series is probably similar. If I remember right the 3rd function install instructions were pretty good at detailing what needed to come off and in what order, I would assume a shop manual would have the same.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Not that it matters ..but maybe.

955 is similar...The "handle" is the disposeable part.
    I'm on my 3rd
    Next the pivot bolt for handle.

Then the linkage parts which could be 10 & 17 on yours. ( not sure but it looks like those are the 2 functions)

Mine are different shaped but same concept. Mine have mini heim joints and are much shorter.

Look over the handle and area pivot bolt goes through...may gain a bunch there with just the 2 parts.
    I've had one pivot bolt snap off.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks fellas for the responses. I think I'll 'only' have to remove the seat, seat support, all the lever knobs and the seat closeout assembly. Then I should be able to get a close look at the linkage. Here's hoping it will only be a nut fell off and left something waving in the wind!

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements