• 2 Post By Ray_PA
  • 3 Post By mcavvie

Thread: Pinion Bearing Help

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks

Pinion Bearing Help

Ordered bearings and seals for my 4300 and referenced the part number on the $90 bearing. Found a SKF matching numbers for $23! So my question, do you guys buy JD parts? Or try to reference parts and buy from probably a better manufacturer (SKF prime example)? And what resources do you guys use?Attachment 699170

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33E7869F-FEBC-4C1C-863D-E07A72822A42.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	699174So now I'm looking for a cross reference number for a pinion shaft bearing (YZ81133). Trying not to pay $80 on this one...lol. Searching online and nothing! Thanks!
    rtgt likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    As in any piece of equipment, the equipment manufacture most likely doesn't have the bearing manufacture or seal manufacture manufacture a specific bearing or seal just for them to use. So, if it is an off the shelf item, go for it and get the mfg. name and number off the original bearing or seal and locate them at a local bearing supply store.

The problem with doing this is, you cannot pre-order your parts by part number alone. You first have to tear everything apart and then resource the parts.

I used to do this all the time with crane components that I used to rebuild all the time. I would record the make and part numbers of all bearings and seals so in the future, I could resource them locally.

Now, some components the equipment manufacturers use, are manufactured by say a hydraulic component manufacture, and they are manufactured just for their piece of equipment. In these cases, the equipment manufacture will have a contract with the component manufacture which essentially says, these part numbers are protected and must only be sold to the equipment manufacture to sell through their dealer network.

This actually happens on many components in today's equipment and vehicle manufacturing world.
    rtgt and kylew like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Now, some components the equipment manufacturers use, are manufactured by say a hydraulic component manufacture, and they are manufactured just for their piece of equipment. In these cases, the equipment manufacture will have a contract with the component manufacture which essentially says, these part numbers are protected and must only be sold to the equipment manufacture to sell through their dealer network.

This actually happens on many components in today's equipment and vehicle manufacturing world.
    This I know to be true. The swing motor for my komatsu mini ex is made by eaton, but can only be bought from komatsu. Eaton cannot sell to anybody, which sucks because komatsu wants $12000 cdn for a new one.
    rtgt, BigJim55 and Ray_PA like this.
    2018 3039r, 320r loader, 6’ bush cutter, box blade, landscape rake, forks,54” HLA grapple , ripper bar, pto driven dump trailer, pto cordwood saw. 1985 Bolens 1900 Eliminator, 1977 Sears 16/6 (restored) , and various attachments for all tractors, 2006 Komatsu PC18 MR2 Mini excavator. Woodmizer LT15 bandsaw mill

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcavvie View Post
    This I know to be true. The swing motor for my komatsu mini ex is made by eaton, but can only be bought from komatsu. Eaton cannot sell to anybody, which sucks because komatsu wants $12000 cdn for a new one.
    Yep, happens all the time!! Most equipment manufactures use hydraulic components made by hydraulic component manufacturers and they contract with them to only supply the part to them. It cannot be sold by anyone else. This happens in the automotive world also.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements