Instructions for Installing Cruise Control....4044m
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johncanfield

Thread: Instructions for Installing Cruise Control....4044m

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    I have a small farm here in Sugar Valley, Ga. A mountain top with acres of hardwood oak and hickory
    Thanks

Instructions for Installing Cruise Control....4044m

Hey guys......Am new to this green tractor world but do appreciate what this forum has to offer. Am so proud of this new machine that I picked......I dont need all the frills of the R; but do NEED and want cruise control. I asked my dealer when we were at the sales desk getting credit, references, and contracts about the possibility of installing cruise control later and of course..."sure".
    So, here I am.
    I understand the part is around $169.
    Does it plug right in?
    Any other threads about this?
    Is there a problem with using it?
    What is the part #

Any thoughts and consideration are appreciated and I say...…….THANKS …..in advance...…….Dennis

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have speed control and I use it quite a bit on my 4720. The dealer probably needs to access the tractor's control unit (whatever they call it) to add the feature along with the switch, etc.
    kylew likes this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    I have a small farm here in Sugar Valley, Ga. A mountain top with acres of hardwood oak and hickory
    Thanks
    I wish it was that simple BUD...…….New tractor that the dealer delivered and the part and install got skipped though it was talked about doing; but not agreed upon...….So, nothing wrong with the tractor that would cause them to come back, pick it up, take it to their shop for install, and then bring it back...….Yes, it will be fine/excellent/fantastic for them to do it but it needs to be in their shop, not mine.

So, that's why I need some help from the folks to advise me HOW to do this. Thanks for the thoughts...…...God bless.....Dennis

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Thanks
    Cruise Control Kit
    Option Code : BLV10388
    For 4M HST tractors. Requires Service Advisor software order number LVU27044. See instruction sheet for more details.

Does your tractor have the hydrostatic option? the power reverser isn't compatible with the cruise control

The kit should include a switch to be mounted in your right side 4 gang switch area and it will probably connect into the harness somewhere

Now - this REQUIRES the dealer to take your serial number and submit to Deere, they return a software upgrade which they then use their laptop to reprogram your ECU. Your tractor has to be in the same physical location as your dealers laptop. Whether they bring their laptop to your tractor or you take the tractor to them really doesn't matter.

Be advised there are 2 sections of the owners manual for cruise control - only the R series has the "Automotive Style" the M series has a on/off version - OMLVU26455
    Charleston, SC
    4044R

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements