Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3032e 50 hr service

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 12:01 AM
    Thanks

3032e 50 hr service

First post on here but I have been been reading a lot of the different posts, good stuff !! My rant /questions deal with the 50 hr service. I called my dealer, will not mention name cause I can't say anything nice at this moment Ordered the things I need for a 50 hr service, went to pick up the stuff, lil over a hour one way, got distracted by the shiny attachments and didn't pay attention to my truck being loaded. I only got 2 filters, one being an oil filter that is half the size of what is on there but is the correct replacement number?!?! And only one filter for the hydraulic, correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 replaceable filters that service the hydraulic fluid plus the screen, which I have no idea where it is located at. I will not get into my thoughts on only getting 4 quarts of oil(capacity is 4.5) SO my questions are,
    Is it ok that the oil filter is only half the size of the original, it is the correct part number?
    I should replace both hydraulic filter and clean the screen? I kinda know this answer but want to verify.
    Where is the screen located ?
    This is my first tractor and I plan on having it for years so I want to do things right and if this was covered somewhere else on the forum I apologize in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xesike View Post
    First post on here but I have been been reading a lot of the different posts, good stuff !! My rant /questions deal with the 50 hr service. I called my dealer, will not mention name cause I can't say anything nice at this moment Ordered the things I need for a 50 hr service, went to pick up the stuff, lil over a hour one way, got distracted by the shiny attachments and didn't pay attention to my truck being loaded. I only got 2 filters, one being an oil filter that is half the size of what is on there but is the correct replacement number?!?! And only one filter for the hydraulic, correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 replaceable filters that service the hydraulic fluid plus the screen, which I have no idea where it is located at. I will not get into my thoughts on only getting 4 quarts of oil(capacity is 4.5) SO my questions are,
    Is it ok that the oil filter is only half the size of the original, it is the correct part number?
    I should replace both hydraulic filter and clean the screen? I kinda know this answer but want to verify.
    Where is the screen located ?
    This is my first tractor and I plan on having it for years so I want to do things right and if this was covered somewhere else on the forum I apologize in advance.
    First let start off by saying that your Owner's Manual is your best friend. It should contain all the information that you need.

As you probably know, there isn't a 50 hr service interval specified in your manual. So I assume you are just being prudent by performing the service early.

Since the manual doesn't have a 50 hr attention, it's a little unclear what exact service you intend to perform. Are you changing engine oil/filter or the hydraulic fluid/filter. I'm just not sure which two filters you are referring to. You mention hydraulic filters but then go on to say 4-quarts of oil which would applicable to an engine oil change. So please forgive my confusion.

According to the Owner's Manual, there are two hydraulic filters but there is no "suction screen". One of the spin-on filters is the "suction filter". I wouldn't worry about the physical size of the filter but I would be sure to verify that you received the correct part numbers.

Below is the illustration from the owner's manual showing the hydraulic filters location. Again, apparently there is no screen".

Please confirm what all service you intend to perform so we can better assist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3032e_filter.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Xesike (08-18-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    Smaller/different oil filters are common, the factory (Yanmar) uses a different ones at their factory than what JD sells over the counter.

Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Xesike (08-18-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    First let start off by saying that your Owner's Manual is your best friend. It should contain all the information that you need.

As you probably know, there isn't a 50 hr service interval specified in your manual. So I assume you are just being prudent by performing the service early.

Since the manual doesn't have a 50 hr attention, it's a little unclear what exact service you intend to perform. Are you changing engine oil/filter or the hydraulic fluid/filter. I'm just not sure which two filters you are referring to. You mention hydraulic filters but then go on to say 4-quarts of oil which would applicable to an engine oil change. So please forgive my confusion.

According to the Owner's Manual, there are two hydraulic filters but there is no "suction screen". One of the spin-on filters is the "suction filter". I wouldn't worry about the physical size of the filter but I would be sure to verify that you received the correct part numbers.

Below is the illustration from the owner's manual showing the hydraulic filters location. Again, apparently there is no screen".

Please confirm what all service you intend to perform so we can better assist.
    jgayman
    My plan was only to do the hydraulics. My understanding was that the hydraulic fluid and filters should be changed after the first 50 hours of use, initial break in period, and for the life of me I can not remember where I read that at,I thought it was from a thread on here. I looked at the manual and you are correct about no mention of a first 50 hour maintenance.
    I did not plan on the oil change but that is what my dealer included when I called and asked for what I needed for the first 50 hour service.
    So I guess I will wait until the 400 hour sched that the manual recommends but I will replace both filters for the hydraulics, I did not understand why the dealer only gave me 1 filter for the hydraulics instead of including both.
    Not too big of a deal, at the worst, the supplies sit till I need them and I know that I have them when needed.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xesike View Post
    jgayman
    My plan was only to do the hydraulics. My understanding was that the hydraulic fluid and filters should be changed after the first 50 hours of use, initial break in period, and for the life of me I can not remember where I read that at,I thought it was from a thread on here. I looked at the manual and you are correct about no mention of a first 50 hour maintenance.
    I did not plan on the oil change but that is what my dealer included when I called and asked for what I needed for the first 50 hour service.
    So I guess I will wait until the 400 hour sched that the manual recommends but I will replace both filters for the hydraulics, I did not understand why the dealer only gave me 1 filter for the hydraulics instead of including both.
    Not too big of a deal, at the worst, the supplies sit till I need them and I know that I have them when needed.
    I'm also not sure why they gave you only 4-quarts of oil when the hydraulic system takes 22-quarts of oil. The 50-hour initial service recommendation seems to apply to tractors which have the suction screen. On those models the manuals USED to list a hydraulic filter/fluid change at 50 hours and then it magically disappeared in later manuals.

On the 3032E, I went back to the earliest manuals and they never listed an "initial" 50 hr service of any kind. Only the "every 50 hrs" of checking front axle oil level and lubricating machine.

So which two filters did you get? The original message said you received two filters but above you mention one filter.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 3025E, same family, it's a 2017. There is most definitely a 50 hr service required. However, it is only for the hydrostatic system not the engine oil. There are two hydro filters, one big, one small (IIRC). They both located near each other underneath the drivers side of the foot pan. Kind of a PIA to replace. You will need about 5 gallons of hygard.

You do not change the engine oil until 200 hrs. Crazy, I know but that's what my manual said. I just did that service a couple of months ago, I think the oil filter is quite small IIRC too.

If you do some searching on here you will see several threads that discuss the service interval. I know some of the early 3E series manuals were a little thin on service details. Good luck with your service. Don't be surprised if you only get between 3-4 gallons of hydro fluid out. I think the factory doesn't quite fill it to the top and you do not get it all out. Filling it up is kind of challenge too based on where the fill port is. Again, mine is a 2017 model. I know the made some changes to the 3E series line in 2018.

Good luck!
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

Xesike (08-19-2019)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I have a 3025E, same family, it's a 2017. There is most definitely a 50 hr service required. However, it is only for the hydrostatic system not the engine oil. There are two hydro filters, one big, one small (IIRC). They both located near each other underneath the drivers side of the foot pan. Kind of a PIA to replace. You will need about 5 gallons of hygard.

You do not change the engine oil until 200 hrs. Crazy, I know but that's what my manual said. I just did that service a couple of months ago, I think the oil filter is quite small IIRC too.

If you do some searching on here you will see several threads that discuss the service interval. I know some of the early 3E series manuals were a little thin on service details. Good luck with your service. Don't be surprised if you only get between 3-4 gallons of hydro fluid out. I think the factory doesn't quite fill it to the top and you do not get it all out. Filling it up is kind of challenge too based on where the fill port is. Again, mine is a 2017 model. I know the made some changes to the 3E series line in 2018.

Good luck!
    Not to derail this thread as it is specifically discussing the 3032E but... JD did the same thing with the 3025E that they did with the 1-series. For several years the manual had the initial 50 hour service and then POOF it was gone.

Same with the 3025E. As you can see below, there are Operator's Manuals for two serial number ranges (JD doesn't care about the model year). S/N 100001 and up lists the initial 50 hour service and those tractors with the new HJ100000- serial range do not have the initial 50 hour service.

However, the 3032E manuals, regardless of serial number range have never listed the initial 50 hour service.

I know, it makes no sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3025e_sn.jpg   3032e_sn.jpg  

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    Not to derail this thread as it is specifically discussing the 3032E but... JD did the same thing with the 3025E that they did with the 1-series. For several years the manual had the initial 50 hour service and then POOF it was gone.

Same with the 3025E. As you can see below, there are Operator's Manuals for two serial number ranges (JD doesn't care about the model year). S/N 100001 and up lists the initial 50 hour service and those tractors with the new HJ100000- serial range do not have the initial 50 hour service.

However, the 3032E manuals, regardless of serial number range have never listed the initial 50 hour service.

I will have to track down my serial number. I seem to remember the service was listed somewhere in the manual than one would expect to see it. Personally, I think it make sense to change the engine oil and hydro fluid after the first 50 to get rid of any contaminants from the manufacturing process. Apparently JD must feel this is no longer a requirement like auto manufacturers think it's no longer a requirement to change the oil after the first 1000 miles or so.
    jgayman likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

14. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post

I will have to track down my serial number. I seem to remember the service was listed somewhere in the manual than one would expect to see it. Personally, I think it make sense to change the engine oil and hydro fluid after the first 50 to get rid of any contaminants from the manufacturing process. Apparently JD must feel this is no longer a requirement like auto manufacturers think it's no longer a requirement to change the oil after the first 1000 miles or so.
    On the 3025e the serial number changed with the updates or what is considered a 2018 which is probably why you have the 50hr service and the newer model doesn’t.

Personally I’ll do the 50hr service as it will harm nothing and I’d rather spend money on preventative maintenance and do things early then have issues down the road.

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I'm also not sure why they gave you only 4-quarts of oil when the hydraulic system takes 22-quarts of oil. The 50-hour initial service recommendation seems to apply to tractors which have the suction screen. On those models the manuals USED to list a hydraulic filter/fluid change at 50 hours and then it magically disappeared in later manuals.

On the 3032E, I went back to the earliest manuals and they never listed an "initial" 50 hr service of any kind. Only the "every 50 hrs" of checking front axle oil level and lubricating machine.

So which two filters did you get? The original message said you received two filters but above you mention one filter.
    Sorry for the confusion, let my clarify.
    They only gave me the HST filter, did not include the suction filter. The other filter was the engine oil filter and only 4 quarts of engine oil, I now know it takes 4.5 quarts. They also tried to short me on the Hydro oil but I knew what I needed and corrected them, I did not know the capacity on the engine oil so they snuck that one by me. As I said before I was only planning the hydro fluid change.

It seems like there are different opinions/thoughts on whether to do the initial service at 50 hours or to follow the manuals maint sched. As this is my first tractor and me knowing next to nothing about maintaining them, I want to make sure it lasts for years without issues.
    jgayman likes this.
    Bill
    2019 3032E 300E FEL 5060 BB

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast