• 6 Post By mountain3033r

Thread: 3033R PTO not working

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-24-2019 @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks

3033R PTO not working

Hi all,

I have a 2017 3033R power reverser transmission that apparently I never tried the PTO on till recently and it does nothing, no light on the dash no rotate no nothing.
    some info; I sit in the seat when I engage the yellow pto switch and nothing happens, I noticed a wire loom on the rear of the tractor that is not connected to anything one tail is labeled rear PTO and the other is labeled mid PTO(I have no mid PTO on this unit), they are not connected to anything. I do not see a square solenoid that I think I should be seeing and there is no obvious receiver to these two wire tails. I called my dealer and my salesmen was very responsive putting me in touch with a mechanic but the mechanic said he was working on it but I am definitely not a priority as I have not heard from him in weeks despite numerous texts and inquiries.
    One other piece of pertinent information is I have issues with field rats, I have fixed numerous chewed wires and while everything else works and I see no obvious chewed wires, I have not pulled apart the panel that houses the pto switch on the right fender and a small rat or mouse may have climbed in there, if anyone can help me figure out how to get that a[art Id appreciate tit .I have a log winch and a chipper that I really want to use and I don't know if this is a simple thing or if I need to take it to a dealer to figure out. I will try to attach some pictures for reference.
    I have googled and youtubed the heck out of this and have not got anywhere so any help in trouble shooting or on how to disassemble the pto switch panel would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58649133762__C103C075-80CF-488F-80B1-AD368A76203F.JPG   IMG_2878.jpg   IMG_2879.jpg   wire tails.jpg  
    JD4044M likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-24-2019 @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Closing this thread, today after contacting my sales guy again who contacted service I was checking a schematic he provided to my tractor which it did not look like but in the process I found another 7 wire loom under the tractor that had almost been severed very cleanly so I can't blame the rats on this one, it was too sharp, maybe a fresh cut log or board, not sure. Just wanted to close the loop. I did get to use my PTO chipper for the first time tonight and boy am I going to make use of this implement! Love it
    rtgt, OxPath, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 869 Posts
    Thanks for the update.

Nice that you found the problem and were able to fix it.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements