3720 PTO sheares off hanger for Iron7 belly mower deck

Thread: 3720 PTO sheares off hanger for Iron7 belly mower deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks

3720 PTO sheares off hanger for Iron7 belly mower deck

Hi All, we have a strange problem. The pin closest to the PTO that attaches the mower deck to the hydraulics, keeps touching the PTO and actually is sheared off. This started a couple of weeks ago. My father-in-law and I took the deck back off, checked for anything bent (more than "the normal wear and tear") and could not really see anything.

Even with a new pin it seems like the side away from the PTO is lifted more (Higher) when engaging the hydraulics. It was the first problem we noticed. I lowered the hanger bolt on the higher side, but then we lost the pin again for the side close to the PTO. After inspecting the hanger, we saw that even the hanger was sheared off most of the way. So what I am trying to say is we have two, probably related problems:
    1. the pto side of the mower deck does not lift as high as the other side, which really lifts too high
    2. the PTO is too close to the hydraulic arms that lift the deck, shearing off the pins and more.

We do not see any obvious damage.

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated! We also got in touch with our local dealership but did not get an answer. The expense of having it picked up for service is quite scary...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sheared off hanger.jpg high side away from PTO.jpg mower1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks

Service thinks it is the hydraulic arm bushing

The local service professional thinks it might be the bushings of the hydraulic arm lifting the deck. I am not convinced, but we will have it checked.

Is it fairly easy to replace the bushings?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements