• 1 Post By MN3046
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Adding electrical circuits to 3046R cab

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks

Adding electrical circuits to 3046R cab

It doesn't seem like these tractors are set up with the intention of adding aftermarket electrical equipment to the existing blocks/harnesses. I've tapped into the 12v Aux plug wiring for the rotation motor on my Cyclone and now will need to get power to a Ken's diverter valve. I'm sure more will be added in the future. With this in mind, I'm thinking a sub-panel directly from the battery might be in order.

I've done a fair amount of this type of work in my boats, so am comfortable with the wiring aspect. My typical set up was to run the appropriate sized cable from the battery to one of these and then add the new equipment to the terminals.

Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems 5025 ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover : Auxiliary Fuse Block : Gateway

Has anyone done something similar? If so, what is the easiest path to get a decent size pair of wires (8AWG?) from the battery to the back of the cab and right console.

Thanks,
    JD4044M likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,071 Times in 2,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MN3046 View Post
    ...and now will need to get power to a Ken's diverter valve.

When you get the valve, you'll see in the instructions that we pull power from the unused 4th/5th diverter circuit with just a simple spade terminal.

I have not added any other non-OEM loads to a 3x20 or 3R series. When I added the horn and strobes, I used the existing circuits for those options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7579.jpg  
    JD4044M likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements