3046R 3pt hitch jerking been in for warranty work 21 times....
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: 3046R 3pt hitch jerking been in for warranty work 21 times....

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Thanks

3046R 3pt hitch jerking been in for warranty work 21 times....

My heart is hurting gentlemen and Iíve held off writing this post for a long time. Please understand the facts Iím presenting are 100% and not exaggerated in any way to make me, Deere or my dealership look better or worse.

I purchased a brand new 3046R Deluxe Cab with just about every dealer option and dealer installed including, wheel weights, mirrors, fenders, air seat, mid pto, radio, 3rd function hydraulics, hydraulic lines run to front for grapple, 3rd and 4th rear remotes, block heater, transmission heater, grill guards, and hydraulic cylinder top and tilt kit.

Purchased brand new in October of 2018 from JD Equipment in Lancaster Ohio. Immediately the rear 3pt hydraulics began jerking up and down violently with zero user input, when cool it would rhythmically jerk about every 15 seconds and once warmed up it would jerk as often as ever second. I tried to get the dealer to take a look at it and they were ďbusyĒ until December, at which point I released they were being bought out bye AgPro and thus the delay in service. So make a long story short the tractor has been in the shop 19 times(yes 19...) for this issue including rock shaft control valve replacements, hydraulic fluid/filter changes and even had the cab removed and the rock shaft replaced, minor scoring on the rockshaft was blamed and after re assembly the tractor operated normally for 4hrs then went back to 3pt jerking.

After 19 attempts to repair I demanded a meeting with regional Deere Rep name ďMikeĒ, he refused to give me a last name, email or phone number for follow up. During the meeting with AgPro and Deere regional rep they agreed the tractor was not fixable and would order me a new tractor. I payed taxes and insurance again, but as of July 2019 I thought all would be well with a new tractor and all new accessories. Well 4hrs into brush hogging with the brand new 2nd tractor the 3pt jerking started again. He got worse and worse and now with 35hrs on the new tractor the 3pt cannot even hold up a 500lbs ish frontier 60Ē land plane (I used this with my 1025r for over 1,000hrs). I was sent to a different AgPro dealership for service because I was told the Lancaster location had ďno certified techniciansĒ. Well 2 tries to fix later and over 6 weeks of them having my tractor itís worse than ever and starting jerking before I took it off the trailer and even had a chance to hook an implement to it.

Thatís where I am today, 21 attempts yes 21 attempts and Deere dealerships having my tractor for well over 60% of my time of ownership and its jerking worse than ever. I started a claim with Deere customer service and the gentlemen handling my case was not nice or caring, just told me ďthey will look at it in about 10 daysĒ. Iím a understanding person, I turn wrenches myself, but Iím exhausted and donít know what to do fellas.

I have several videos I just donít know how to post, can someone hope me post videos?

Has anyone had problems with 3pt hitch jerking?

My only hunch is the 3rd / 4th remotes somehow are plumbed wrong and causing this, anyone ever had a problem like this?

My original dealer JD no longer exists, AgPro has fried 2 service managers and 2 store managers at my store location, I have no one in my corner that knows my story and is trying to help me. How could I escalate my case with Deere? How could I get ahold of regional Deere rep, I have asked numerous times for his contact info and been denied? How could I get ahold of regional AgPro management?

I cannot thank you guys enough for ideas and suggestions, Iím trying to be positive and constructive, but itís hard with 21 failed attempts at repairing this issue.

Thanks in advance

Jason

I have attached a picture of my old tractor that I purchased in October of 2018 and the second tractor Deere switched me to in July of 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JKR, BigJim55, theduke and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 807 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoore98 View Post
    My heart is hurting gentlemen and Iíve held off writing this post for a long time.

My only hunch is the 3rd / 4th remotes somehow are plumbed wrong and causing this, anyone ever had a problem like this?
    Wow!

You say 3rd & 4th. The 3rd is an electrical solenoid controlled function with buttons on the SCV lever.

4th & 5th are lever controlled remotes.

Were these options factory or dealer installed on each tractor?
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Wow!

You say 3rd & 4th. The 3rd is an electrical solenoid controlled function with buttons on the SCV lever.

4th & 5th are lever controlled remotes.

Were these options factory or dealer installed on each tractor?

Sorry if my lingo is off a little, Iím so stressed about this situation I cannot even think straight.

I have the 3rd function hydraulic button on the loader joystick this was factory installed and part of the deluxe cab package.

The additional 2 rear remotes require flipping a switch then the loader joystick will operate them. This was a dealer installed option and the hydraulic top and tilt cylinders were a Deere accessory and dealership installed both times. They were installed by the same dealership technician both times and he no longer works at the dealership.

Thanks again for all your guys help.

Jason

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That helps. Common denominator.

We've got some really sharp hydraulic guys. I am not one of them.

They will be along soon.

Z915E
    XUV560

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Thanks
    I'd have gone postal by now...tractor would be mounted in there showroom via a new drive through.

You've got some thick skin to have dealt with all that x 2.

Hope this works out somehow to your favor.......
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    That helps. Common denominator.

We've got some really sharp hydraulic guys. I am not one of them.

They will be along soon.
    OP posted about a leaking 2038r also. Man I wouldn't leave that dealership until regional rep, store manager, area ag pro manager, and myself with attorney came to an agreement.

I think the common denominator is the dealership. 3 tractors with issues...no one is that unlucky.

To the OP, I hate that you are having these kinds of issues with your tractor. New tractors should be exciting/happy moments. Deere better take notice. Lots of people are watching here on GTT. Believe it or not Deere has people that do nothing but look at websites like this to see real life issues. Hope you get it sorted out quick, and to your benefit.
    rtgt, BigJim55, johnH123 and 6 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    OP posted about a leaking 2038r also. Man I wouldn't leave that dealership until regional rep, store manager, area ag pro manager, and myself with attorney came to an agreement.

I think the common denominator is the dealership. 3 tractors with issues...no one is that unlucky.

To the OP, I hate that you are having these kinds of issues with your tractor. New tractors should be exciting/happy moments. Deere better take notice. Lots of people are watching here on GTT. Believe it or not Deere has people that do nothing but look at websites like this to see real life issues. Hope you get it sorted out quick, and to your benefit.
    I am very grateful for your post, I bleed green and have tried very very hard to be a nice guy and be patient, but I am at 27 warranty claims on 2 brand new tractors in less than a year and currently I have zero tractors on my property to use. I purchased brand new and what I thought was the best (and most expensive) brand tractor to eliminate headaches.

I am a father of a 2 year old, husband, own 2 small side businesses, and Iím a 20 year career firefighter/paramedic. Life is full of stress, and this is hands down without a doubt the most stressful thing in my life right now, Iím just sick to my stomach....

Jason

rtgt, BigJim55, mark02tj and 7 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-26-2019 @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks

God bless you

I think you are being one of the most reasonable customers alive considering the issues you are dealing with. I don't know if your state has a lemon law that covers farm equipment or not. If so, the local District Attorney and/or Consumer Affairs office should be able to help.

I'm not a hydraulics guy either but like someone else said, I'd look real hard at the additional remotes and kill the power to those circuits to see if the problem goes away. It just sounds like a switch is flipping back and forth and I'd suspect the additional remotes are involved. They should be fused so pulling the fuse for those circuits would give a quick and easy test.

Deere should be diving deeply into the issue and using this as a teaching moment either on the production line or at the dealership level. The fact they are dragging their feet is discouraging, to say the least. At this point, I would expect Deere to really step up their game and either offer a full and complete refund of every dollar you've paid including taxes or pull another tractor off the line, test it thoroughly and then deliver it to you unless your current tractor can be fixed quickly. If they can fix your current tractor, they should extend the warranty on the hydraulics as that sort of slam bam action is tough on valves, o rings etc.

I tried to find information about JD regional contacts without much luck. I think that information is closely held at the dealer level. I may be able to get it out of a local dealer if you PM me. Maybe not but considering your issue reflects badly on the Deere brand, all the dealers should be anxious to get it solved.

Treefarmer
    rtgt, BigJim55, PJR832 and 2 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Not even me!

Yes, another common denominator is the dealer.

I like Treefarmer's idea and what he suggested about isolating the circuits.

I admire your ability to have not just gone postal. I had an issue with a Chrysler vehicle & the dealership I purchased it from. I can tell you that he regional people are kind of like secret agents. In my experience they are not really there to help you, they are there to protect the company. Kind of like HR people.

You can still be kind & polite but you might need to have an ace in your hand to nudge this one over the line and "get some help".

I would suggest contacting your Attorney Generals office and start learning what consumer protection laws your state has.

You don't have to actually bring legal action, but if they are aware of your knowledge of legal remedies, the regional folks will have more incentive to provide other options.

In my case, the dealer ended up having to take back the vehicle they couldn't fix and we were given a refund check for our purchase cost that we could use at any other Chrysler dealership. Over time, I ended up purchasing five vehicles from the second dealer.
    BigJim55, PJR832, Big and 1 others like this.

Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    Firemoore, you have waaaaayyyy more patience than I've ever had. 21 warranty repairs? For real? I'd have gone ballistic long ago. You have my empathy but unfortunately, I can't offer much more than that.

I hope someone can come up with the 4th/5th SCV install instructions for you. With those, at least you could follow along and check to see if things are installed the way Deere Corp. told them to install it. I'm not sure if all of that is in the service manual or not and I don't even have one of those for your machine to look at.

Imma follow along with this thread. There has to be some stupid simple answer for this.
    rtgt, PJR832, Big and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast