• 1 Post By jgayman
  • 2 Post By Acrobatman

Thread: 3720 How to install new hydraulic arms to lift belly mower deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks

3720 How to install new hydraulic arms to lift belly mower deck

Hi All, we had our John Deer 3720 looked at, because the PTO was rubbing on the hydraulic arms lifting and lowering the belly mower deck (Iron7, 72" deck). The servcie professional said that the hydraulic arms are busted up and need to be replaced. Is that an easy repair to do ourselves? Are there instructions anywhere on how to do that? Is there a good place to buy these parts?

Sorry for all the questions, but if we are not able to repair it ourselves we would have to invest into a zero turn mower instead.

Have a happy day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Can you possibly take some photos of the part that is broken? I'm sure we can probably help but less folks use a belly mower on the 3-series compared to the smaller tractors. So less "experience pool" to pull from. ;-)
    glc likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Can you possibly take some photos of the part that is broken? I'm sure we can probably help but less folks use a belly mower on the 3-series compared to the smaller tractors. So less "experience pool" to pull from. ;-)
    Thank you for the reply! I will provide photos as soon as the green baby is back home. Hopefully in the next couple of days! THen I should be able to crawls under there and take some good pictures.
    glc and jgayman like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements