I currently have a 2006 3520 with 1700 hours currently that I bought used (1200 hours when bought). It has a WR Long 4N1 bucket on the front that I really like and use extensively.
I have 12 acres in SC (yeah, hot down here) with 8 acres or so hay fields and the rest "under construction" including a just finished new house and shed/workshop.
If I had known how much I would end up liking the 3520 I would have found/bought one a bit newer with less hours and wouldn't be thinking about trading in/up.
1) I am 60+ and plan that this will be the last LCUT tractor I buy.
2) I turn my own wrenches and don't mind working on stuff as long as it isn't every time I want to use the D--- thing.
3) The 3520 has/is serving me well and I don't "need" to change, but who doesn't like new (to me) stuff?
4) If I buy another, I might as well go to the 3720/3046 for the extra HP while tilling, mowing fields etc.
5) I have an old JD 210 backhoe that I bought just to do the heavy clearing and plan to sell, especially if I get a BH attachment with/for the new tractor.
6) I don't have any experience with Tier4/DPF but it doesn't scare me other than having one more "technical" system that can break, especially long term.
What I would like to understand is the pros and cons of a low hour (~500) 3720 vs 3046R? No Cab, Loader, possibly BH.
They seem "similarly" priced for similarly equipped, hours, condition.
It would be great to hear from anybody that has owned both 3720 and 3046R and first hand +/- of each.
Thanks in advance.