Several people have asked if it is possible to upgrade to the 4R seat, but I had not seen a post about it. The short answer is it couldn’t be easier...4 bolts and the seat sensor connector. No nuts are even required as the threads are tapped into the tractor.
1) Loosen and remove 4 bolts holding existing seat.
2) Unclip sensor and remove seat.
3) Place Premium seat in operator station (you will probably want an extra set of hands) and align holes. The back holes will be the ones that are shaped to allow a socket on the bolt heads at the back of the seat frame and the front holes will align with the front most slotted oval holes in the seat frame.
4) Put washers on the bolts provided in the kit and hand tighten to insure no cross threading and then torque the 4 bolts.
5) Reconnect seat connector.
Even though one would think that with $50 of packaging materials the seat would be bolted to the pallet, but this was not the case. Mine was just floating free rubbing against the pallet wood.
You will probably want to wash under the seat and clean the debris. Reinsert the bolts and tape the seat connector on the harness to prevent water and corrosion potential while washing.
If the wiring harness is close to the scissor mechanism of the seat you might want to have some zip ties to secure it.
The hardest part of the upgrade is coughing up the over $850 for the seat. It does make a world of difference though....