• 1 Post By Corkpuller
  • 2 Post By johnandchrisinmo

Thread: pto not shutting off on a 2016 3033r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks

pto not shutting off on a 2016 3033r

I have a 2016 3033R hydrostat oos with 220 hours on it, bought it June 0f 2018 with 117 hours on it. Using it with a 60 inch mid-mount mower and a rear tiller. On both implements, when you shut off the PTO the lights on dash go off but the PTO continues to run. No safety circuits shut it off after this(seat or RIO). If you cycle the switch several times it sometimes shuts off. If you shut off the motor it has never been engaged upon restarting. At first thought it was just tight and loosen up some with use does not seem to have changed anything. Has been doing this since I Got it. I know I should have went back to dealer sooner. Going to dealer next week and see what service has to say.. Any ideas or questions I should be asking them? Would this covered under powertrain warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandchrisinmo View Post
    I have a 2016 3033R hydrostat oos with 220 hours on it, bought it June 0f 2018 with 117 hours on it. Using it with a 60 inch mid-mount mower and a rear tiller. On both implements, when you shut off the PTO the lights on dash go off but the PTO continues to run. No safety circuits shut it off after this(seat or RIO). If you cycle the switch several times it sometimes shuts off. If you shut off the motor it has never been engaged upon restarting. At first thought it was just tight and loosen up some with use does not seem to have changed anything. Has been doing this since I Got it. I know I should have went back to dealer sooner. Going to dealer next week and see what service has to say.. Any ideas or questions I should be asking them? Would this covered under powertrain warranty?

dont have a answer but be sure and let us know what the Dealer says....my MIL has a small yanmar tractor that has the same issue just havent had the time to take it in under warrenty
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Dealer says it is out of the 2 yr general warranty so not covered but if it were powertrain it would be covered not sure what they interpret as powertrain. Their thoughts was it was the switch not sure I agree but am going to start troubleshooting myself
    ttazzman likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Thanks
    Search out yourself a wiring schematic for the electric PTO.
    I would think the switch(PTO knob)controls some type of actuator or contactor (heavy set of contacts) that sends power to the PTO clutch that should engage and drop out.
    My money is on that part, or a possible ground problem.

Just a wild guess, except the part about finding a schematic.
    Last edited by Corkpuller; 10-25-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    JimR likes this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Search out yourself a wiring schematic for the electric PTO.
    I would think the switch(PTO knob)controls some type of actuator or contactor (heavy set of contacts) that sends power to the PTO clutch that should engage and drop out.
    My money is on that part, or a possible ground problem.

Just a wild guess, except the part about finding a schematic.
    Agreed. The switch activates the PTO solenoid. It may be rusted/corroded and hanging up. It should drop out when the switch is turned off but if it's hanging, the PTO will continue running. The seat (and other) safety features also operate off the same solenoid so that may explain why they aren't having any effect.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I Have a new switch no how the heck do you get the old one out. Miss having exposed screws for access.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    good news switch took care of it. thanks
    Kennyd and lindsey97 like this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnandchrisinmo For This Useful Post:

Kennyd(10-26-2019), lindsey97(10-30-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements