• 3 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By SugarValleyDennis

Thread: Question on Hours for Service?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks

Question on Hours for Service?

This hit me the other day looking at my Hours on my 4044M tractor. So when you deal with the engine service do you use the Engine Running Hours and dealing with the Hydraulic Service do you use the Operating Hours?? If you idle a lot the engine hours go up but not the operating hours. I only have 22 hours of PTO work. Interesting how it is broke down on the hours.
    SugarValleyDennis likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JD4044M For This Useful Post:

SugarValleyDennis (10-26-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    This hit me the other day looking at my Hours on my 4044M tractor. So when you deal with the engine service do you use the Engine Running Hours and dealing with the Hydraulic Service do you use the Operating Hours?? If you idle a lot the engine hours go up but not the operating hours. I only have 22 hours of PTO work. Interesting how it is broke down on the hours.
    On my 4720, I just go off of engine hours. I change the hydraulic oil every other year, which may end up a few hours over 400 or a few hours under. I also change to front axle oil with the hydraulic oil, which I think might be a little more often than the book says, but it’s always pretty gray when I change it.
    I think the front axles on these little loader tractors take quite a bit of abuse...maybe more than they are designed for.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arlen For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (10-26-2019)

6. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    I'd use engine hours.

The fact that you are idling during many of those operating hours doesn't mean the hydro system isn't being used. The hydro pump is still pumping fluid through the system. The fluid won't get as hot while idling so heat breakdown is less of a problem but it's still picking up dirt and contaminants as it flows and those are still passing through and being held by your hydro filters.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 12:48 PM
    I have a small farm here in Sugar Valley, Ga. A mountain top with acres of hardwood oak and hickory
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    Really a good queston and I want to thank you for asking and your rational. I am right at 57 hours of operating and am making the decision to clean out the contaminants from manufacturing and break-in. The book and dealer says to leave it be; but my common sense says to spend the money which I dont have much of, and service it, or listen to the engineers and let it go up to 200......Thoughts???
    JD4044M likes this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    I would go the 200 like the book wants and change the fan belt instead. Mine just shredded one day at around 300 hours on the engine? I check it often because of this happening and I bought a real good rated belt to put back on!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements