Deere 4066R with 440r MSL - Skid steer carrier - Horrible!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Deere 4066R with 440r MSL - Skid steer carrier - Horrible!!!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks

Deere 4066R with 440r MSL - Skid steer carrier - Horrible!!!

I opted for the skid steer quick attach for my new 4066R. This is the John Deere factory option, not aftermarket. It is borderline un-usable. I can't imagine how this design was approved. Basically, there is no mechanism to keep the right and left side on plane, which makes hooking up to pallet forks, beyond frustrating. The left and right can be out of plane by 3 inches. Please let me know if this is discussed in another forum. Surely I am not the only one having this trouble (i've also seen this concern on youtube videos). I'd rather not have to weld a crosstube in there myself for a $700 option.

Deere, if you are reading this, please contact me!.. I almost want my Kubota back!!!

See pics. Nothing is bent. Just appears Deere designed it to have that much twist, I just haven't found a use for this "feature" yet.

Pic 1, uneven handles
    Pic 2, left and right are in plane, when fully retracted.
    Pic 3, left and right are way out of plane, when tilting carrier to try to connect to attachment.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	711374

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	711376

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	711378
    Last edited by jdjoe; 10-28-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    FormulaB likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoe View Post
    I opted for the skid steer quick attach for my new 4066R. This is the John Deere factory option, not aftermarket. It is borderline un-usable. I can't imagine how this design was approved. Basically, there is no mechanism to keep the right and left side on plane, which makes hooking up to pallet forks, beyond frustrating. The left and right can be out of plane by 3 inches. Please let me know if this is discussed in another forum. Surely I am not the only one having this trouble (i've also seen this concern on youtube videos). I'd rather not have to weld a crosstube in there myself for a $700 option.

Deere, if you are reading this, please contact me!.. I almost want my Kubota back!!!

See pics. Nothing is bent. Just appears Deere designed it to have that much twist, I just haven't found a use for this "feature" yet.

Pic 1, uneven handles
    Pic 2, left and right are in plane, when fully retracted.
    Pic 3, left and right are way out of plane, when tilting carrier to try to connect to attachment.

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	711374

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	711376

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	711378

Yep, mine is that way also. In fact, I think they are more so, but mine were taken from another tractor, so they have been well used and I have now had them for another 5 years to add more usage to them. What I do is extend them more than is needed to connect, them bring them back as they seem to line up better that way. Secondly, since I cannot see them very well due to the hood of the tractor, I store all three of my attachments on the deck of my gooseneck flatbed trailer that is about 3ft off the ground. Sure makes seeing the connection much easier.

In thinking back about it, I believe my 1025R with JDQA was somewhat the same way from when it was new.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Both the JDQA and SSQA carries are like that, it's been discussed MANY times here on GTT. Once you learn the little tricks to get them lined up it's really no big deal.

If you push the one thats further out, either with your hand if your off the tractor or against the implement your trying to hooks up they will even out since the cylinders are plumbed in parallel.
    FormulaB, BigJim55 and jdmich like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Thanks
    Mine does that. No problem, just push into the implement and then they both connect.
    jdmich likes this.
    4066R open station

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeereBoots View Post
    Mine does that. No problem, just push into the implement and then they both connect.
    Yep nature of the beast
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Yep nature of the beast

I can "kinda" see where the JDQA system would be tolerant of this, but with SSQA, there isn't much room to come in tilted because of potential of bending the levers. Its quite a joke in my opinion and defeats the "quick" part of the quick attach.

I guess i am just frustrated that after owning LS, Mahindra, and Kubota that never had this issue, I am paying a premium for JD, and coming out behind the competition. Its obvious that the bean counters said no to a crosstube to keep them in sync. Very disappointing Deere.

For what its worth to others looking at this class of tractor, I highly recommend the Kubota Grand L. Hindsight is 20/20, but I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. The loader is twice as stout, the 6 range, shift on the fly hydro is well missed and and even with 10 less HP than the JD, it would carry the steepest of hills in high range, without even flinching.

I'll see what the dealer recommends. Just venting after spending $52K..

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,579 Posts
    There are MANY stories about loaders with rigid cross tubes getting bent when things go wrong. I'll take JD's setup any day, just my opinion.
    FormulaB, Old Cajun and JD4044M like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoe View Post
    I can "kinda" see where the JDQA system would be tolerant of this, but with SSQA, there isn't much room to come in tilted because of potential of bending the levers. Its quite a joke in my opinion and defeats the "quick" part of the quick attach.

I guess i am just frustrated that after owning LS, Mahindra, and Kubota that never had this issue, I am paying a premium for JD, and coming out behind the competition. Its obvious that the bean counters said no to a crosstube to keep them in sync. Very disappointing Deere.

For what its worth to others looking at this class of tractor, I highly recommend the Kubota Grand L. Hindsight is 20/20, but I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. The loader is twice as stout, the 6 range, shift on the fly hydro is well missed and and even with 10 less HP than the JD, it would carry the steepest of hills in high range, without even flinching.

I'll see what the dealer recommends. Just venting after spending $52K..
    I would rather have my JD SSQA than my neighbors Kubota SSQA. I do not like the fact that when you try to lock it into place, it is spring loaded and you cannot guarantee that it is locked.

For hill pulling, see my video at 4066R hill pulling - YouTube I have no problem pulling hills in C range with my 4066R. Also check out my video at 4066R brush hogging3 with 10ft Rhino - YouTube running my 10ft Rhino brush hog.

Dave
    FormulaB, BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

FormulaB(10-29-2019)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm,,, interesting,,

mine is rigid,, but,,,,

I can see the benefit of separately rotating QA halves,,

My SSQA MUST be in perfect alignment to connect correctly,
    if the SSQA were split, that would allow some tolerance in alignment.

If you keep it properly lubed, any contact will rotate the two SSQA halves,,

With no implement on the SSQA, rotate the SSQA until one is partially rotated,,
    then, try to rotate the halves by hand, they should easily move,, IMHO,,

Old Cajun likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I would rather have my JD SSQA than my neighbors Kubota SSQA. I do not like the fact that when you try to lock it into place, it is spring loaded and you cannot guarantee that it is locked.

For hill pulling, see my video at 4066R hill pulling - YouTube I have no problem pulling hills in C range with my 4066R. Also check out my video at 4066R brush hogging3 with 10ft Rhino - YouTube running my 10ft Rhino brush hog.

Dave

I guess it goes back to the old saying, there is no replacement for displacement. The kubota had a larger engine, less HP, but way more torque. I am sure i will get used to it over time. Guess i should have Demoed it first. If I didn't have all SSQA attachements already, i would have stuck with JDQA.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast