• 2 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By JD4044M

Thread: 4052M Blowing Snow

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks

4052M Blowing Snow

I sure like watching this. Can't wait to test out my rear blower on my 4044M in some real snow this winter. It will happen soon enough December is just around the corner.
    BigJim55, PJR832 and 2mtrucks like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    I have zero experience with snow removal other than using the FEL to shovel off our 100 yard driveway. That was the one time we got enough snow to go out and play with the tractor. I have to say that blowing snow going in reverse looks extremely uncomfortable while twisted around looking backwards, especially if you had a lot to remove. A cab would seem even more confined. It does look like the blower works well though.
    Last edited by JDLTG; Today at 09:08 AM.
    Lee

2018 JD 4044R/440R loader, 1939 JD model B, 2016 JD X380, 2017 JD X570 mowers. JD 503 brush mower, Frontier GM1060E finish mower, Frontier WC1105 wood chipper, JD 655 tiller. Cyclone Rake XL, Cyclone Rake Nut Rake, Misc discs and cultivators.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDLTG View Post
    I have zero experience with snow removal other than using the FEL to shovel off our 100 yard driveway. That was the one time we got enough snow to go out and play with the tractor. I have to say that blowing snow going in reverse looks extremely uncomfortable while twisted around looking backwards, especially if you had a lot to remove. A cab would seem even more confined. It does look like the blower works well though.
    It's not as bad as you might think, especially on larger tractors with a roomier seating area. Probably one of the most common snow removal attachments is a rear blade and I'll bet the majority of its use is when pushing snow while going in reverse.

I have a front blower and rear blade on my tractor. The majority of our snow falls requires the rear blade which of course means driving in reverse. I pushed snow in reverse with my old Ford 9N for over 20 years.

Granted, some folks have neck or back conditions that severely limit their ability to turn their head or twist around.
    JD4044M and JDLTG like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(Today)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    It's not as bad as you might think, especially on larger tractors with a roomier seating area. Probably one of the most common snow removal attachments is a rear blade and I'll bet the majority of its use is when pushing snow while going in reverse.

I have a front blower and rear blade on my tractor. The majority of our snow falls requires the rear blade which of course means driving in reverse. I pushed snow in reverse with my old Ford 9N for over 20 years.

Granted, some folks have neck or back conditions that severely limit their ability to turn their head or twist around.
    Thanks you just answered most of it for me. I do have lots of room to sit on a angle and with Hydro Transmission just a pedal to go each direction. When you let off you stop, push further to go faster. Too easy and I still had to watch my rear blade but now the blower is just under 7 ft and the blade was 8 ft wide. Both stick out the same and power steering is nice. I will start off winter with my rear blade to make base to blow off and no gravel showing first. Before I have had to go downhill into 3-4 ft deep snow drifts digging thru and another guy just blew me off with his blower and old beat up tractor! That won't happen this year as there was no place to turn and put snow you would go over the bank if you did. You had to blow it off the road at that point they left it to long to push off using a rear blade or bucket loader. My 8 ft blade will cut snow about 8 plus inches further then my right rear tire when angled, flush on the other side.Click image for larger version.†

Name:	100_2788.JPG†
Views:	4†
Size:	2.16 MB†
ID:	712714 Add the Pusher and it can do the job.Click image for larger version.†

Name:	100_2784.JPG†
Size:	2.79 MB†
ID:	712716Click image for larger version.†

Name:	100_2785.JPG†
Size:	2.86 MB†
ID:	712718This is the start of winter building my base and figuring how to do it again. Blowing it will be very different and much less removed as it won't be needed for more snow later blowing far out off the drive.
    JDLTG likes this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    I do have lots of room to sit on a angle and with Hydro Transmission just a pedal to go each direction. When you let off you stop, push further to go faster.
    Thanks, at our elevation of 450 feet, snow isnít something we see very often. I hadnít considered that snow blowers were designed to operate in reverse. For me, just turning around watching a disc Iím pulling can be a strain on the neck so it made me wonder how operating in reverse would work out. My 4044R has the swivel seat but honestly itís just as easy to leave it centered and just twist around. Thereís not that much difference if itís swiveled or not. My previous tractors were manual transmissions and I love operating the hydro. itís just like operating our lawn mowers except you donít have to push a button on the dash to backup.
    Lee

2018 JD 4044R/440R loader, 1939 JD model B, 2016 JD X380, 2017 JD X570 mowers. JD 503 brush mower, Frontier GM1060E finish mower, Frontier WC1105 wood chipper, JD 655 tiller. Cyclone Rake XL, Cyclone Rake Nut Rake, Misc discs and cultivators.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements