Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lsbanjo

Thread: Traction Drive Belt slipped off of my L 130

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 05:15 PM
    Thanks

Traction Drive Belt slipped off of my L 130

I have an L 130 John Deer Lawn Tractor which is about 4 years old. Cutting the grass yesterday, the traction drive belt slipped off the pully on the top of the transmission. Thinking it would be an easy fix, I removed the mower deck and tried to replace the belt on the pulley. However there is a bolt which acts as a belt guide and it is hard to see how the belt came off with that in place. It is even harder to see how I can get the belt back on the pulley.

It seems obvious that that belt guide bolt can be removed but my concern is that it is soooooo inaccessible that I am not sure I can get the guide back on after putting the belt back.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Thanks
    Remove guide. Get the belt back on. Release the brake. This will snug up the belt.. Reinstall guide.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 05:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Remove guide. Get the belt back on. Release the brake. This will snug up the belt.. Reinstall guide.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. Once the guide came off the belt slipped right back on, and when the brake was released the belt snugged up and left room to get my hand back in to put the guide back. Pretty simple. Thanks again.
    xcopterdoc likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    Glad you got that belt back on!

Your L130 is only 4 ?!??!?!?? Years old? I didn't think they made them up to 2013-ish? I know Tractor Data isn't infallible but they only list 2003-2005 for production years?
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements