425 Hydraulics
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By MattInKC
  • 1 Post By Sergeant
  • 1 Post By 69project
  • 1 Post By UBNT
  • 1 Post By T-Mo
  • 2 Post By Sergeant
  • 1 Post By BigJim55
  • 1 Post By Sergeant

Thread: 425 Hydraulics

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    425 Hydraulics

    Well sense my last post on here. I found a model 40 FEL that fits my 425. The guy was about 15 miles from me. The guy was a good ol boy and knew what he had. Picked it up last Friday and had it on the tractor Saturday. Used it a bit playing around. I need more weight. I am also needing info on how to turn up the hydraulic pressure so i can lift a bit more. It was struggling to lift a 1/2 bucket of dry dirt. Sunday I got LED's put on while listening to the ball game. I have see different post on different sites. I have read in the tech Manuel on how to due it. I just can't find part #'s for the shim kit and Or where to get one that would work. Also what gauge to use as I can't find one that they give as a part #. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure this has been gone over before on this page. Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6748_1493401561339.JPG   IMG_6760_1493401603777.JPG   IMG_6816_1493401651197.JPG   IMG_6776_1493401805287.JPG   IMG_6774_1493401846072.JPG  

    BigJim55 and Daveb like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInKC View Post
    Well sense my last post on here. I found a model 40 FEL that fits my 425. The guy was about 15 miles from me. The guy was a good ol boy and knew what he had. Picked it up last Friday and had it on the tractor Saturday. Used it a bit playing around. I need more weight. I am also needing info on how to turn up the hydraulic pressure so i can lift a bit more. It was struggling to lift a 1/2 bucket of dry dirt. Sunday I got LED's put on while listening to the ball game. I have see different post on different sites. I have read in the tech Manuel on how to due it. I just can't find part #'s for the shim kit and Or where to get one that would work. Also what gauge to use as I can't find one that they give as a part #. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure this has been gone over before on this page. Matt
    Sent You a Message with some Help
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:52 AM
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,265
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 174 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Sent You a Message with some Help
    Welcome aboard Sergeant. Are you one Mytractorforum as well? I used to hang out over there and seem to remember someone from Kane County by your call sign.

    To the OP if you get a lot of ballast on the back you will feel a lot more improvement without shimming. If you do shim, just make sure you don't overload the front axle capacity when you pick up a load, probably hard to do with a bucket but you might if you get forks. Good luck with the 425, I had one and enjoyed it with the exception of the plastic hood.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    05-29-2017 @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInKC View Post
    Well sense my last post on here. I found a model 40 FEL that fits my 425. The guy was about 15 miles from me. The guy was a good ol boy and knew what he had. Picked it up last Friday and had it on the tractor Saturday. Used it a bit playing around. I need more weight. I am also needing info on how to turn up the hydraulic pressure so i can lift a bit more. It was struggling to lift a 1/2 bucket of dry dirt. Sunday I got LED's put on while listening to the ball game. I have see different post on different sites. I have read in the tech Manuel on how to due it. I just can't find part #'s for the shim kit and Or where to get one that would work. Also what gauge to use as I can't find one that they give as a part #. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure this has been gone over before on this page. Matt
    Not sure how much those wheel weights weigh but I have a pair of the 50# plastic wheel weights with your name on them if that helps, North of the River.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.

  7. Top | #5
    T-Mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 851 Times in 511 Posts
    Moved to proper forum.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

    1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

  8. Top | #6
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Welcome aboard Sergeant. Are you one Mytractorforum as well? I used to hang out over there and seem to remember someone from Kane County by your call sign.

    To the OP if you get a lot of ballast on the back you will feel a lot more improvement without shimming. If you do shim, just make sure you don't overload the front axle capacity when you pick up a load, probably hard to do with a bucket but you might if you get forks. Good luck with the 425, I had one and enjoyed it with the exception of the plastic hood.
    Yes I am am from MTF actually Join Here in 2011 Never really posted Just Private Messages But since adding a 1025R to My inventory Thanks to watching Tim's Videos and saw How Capable they are. Decided I better start posting over Here More
    BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  9. Top | #7
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,050
    Thanks
    2,971
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Yes I am am from MTF actually Join Here in 2011 Never really posted Just Private Messages But since adding a 1025R to My inventory Thanks to watching Tim's Videos and saw How Capable they are. Decided I better start posting over Here More
    that's good-u bought a 1 series because of tractor time with tims u-tube video's. it is a good idea he came up with. very good! who doesn't have internet-now. i hadn't had it till just 5 yrs ago- for me.
    TJR345 likes this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  10. Top | #8
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    that's good-u bought a 1 series because of tractor time with tims u-tube video's. it is a good idea he came up with. very good! who doesn't have internet-now. i hadn't had it till just 5 yrs ago- for me.
    Yeah I was thinking about a 2032R or a 2038R for My new Place which is about 1.6 acres smaller than My old Place which was 5.5acres and which I was always against the Use of a Sub Compact For that Place(rolling hills & Tight turning spots which the X485 Or X748 Handled with ease) The new Place is Flat as a Pancake and I wanted a Backhoe. Thanks to Tim & colony Park. They really made up my mind to go with a Sub Compact 1 series. But I am also keep the X748 with 45 loader as well
    TJR345 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    7,451
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 701 Times in 589 Posts
    The implement relief valve is the small one between the drive relief valves. Max pressure should not exceed 1250psi.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •