Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: x738 Noise

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks

x738 Noise

I just purchased a 2017 x738 and its great. The dealership did a terrible job assembling everything but I fixed all of those issues. I do have one concern though and I was hoping someone could provide some guidance. When driving the tractor in a straight line, the front axle/transmission makes constant noise but as soon as I turn the wheel in either direction the noise goes away. If I ride in a circle there is absolutely no noise. I figure this has something to do with the way the machine pushes the front wheels but can't quite figure it out being a novice. I have checked the transmission fluid level and did add 1.5 quarts when I got the machine a few months back so I don't think that is the issue. Thanks for any assistance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    Does it go away or lessen when the hydro fluid warms up.The 4wd has those hydro motors that change speed when you turn so you don't tear the lawn up when turning.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    No it does not go away with usage. The noise is always there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I figure you would hear noise when turning, not when going in a straight line.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Is it still under warranty.I know mine will whine a little (rear end) when cold but goes away once warm.
    I believe there is lines to the front end to run those hydro motors the only thing I can think of is an air lock in the front that it's not getting enough oil flow or a restricted line.Check the hydro level again.
    Tom

30" mechanical tiller
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    Turftime 60" lawn roller

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    In your book does it say anything about changing the hydro oil if after the fluid is put in to run a certain way to purge the air out and recheck the level.If it was down a qt the dealer may not have done the procedure correctly.Be sure your not over full also.
    Tom

30" mechanical tiller
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    Turftime 60" lawn roller

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,550 Posts
    I'm with others , check the fluid level , and one make sure it isn't over filled. Hard to imagine dealer left unit leave his lot 1 1/2 qt low but anything is possible.

One good thing it is under warranty , let the dealer aware of the noise.

I changed the fluid on the SIL fathers x738 and haven't heard the noise you're describing.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    What kind of noise is it? Clicking, whining, grinding?
    tj1 likes this.

11. Top | #9
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Thanks
    I have a X738 too, what noise are you hearing as just asked? I hear a lot of noises that sound to weird at times especially with the Curtis hard side cab and my tractor fluid was down also when I received it from the dealer, about a quart.. If the sound is what I think it is, I've been told it's normal, hard to describe the noise and I do not have any way to take an audio of it.. MIne is three years old now and it still makes the noise especially going downhill at a good clip not under any load. Under load it's a whine, no load it's sort of whine to no whine regularly.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    The noise isn't a rattle or metal hitting metal, it sounds more like a low pitch droning noise. I looked in the manual and there is nothing about bleeding the system but does mention filling the front axle first then the back. The manual does say to check the hydro level but 'Install dipstick until it rests on top of fill tube. Do not tighten dipstick." which I take as put the dipstick in, but do not make any turns. Using this method, the machine needed 1.5 quarts of oil to get to the beginning of the hash mark. If you screw the stick all the way in, then I believe you would be overfilled but that is not how I read the directions.

I would not be surprised that my dealer assembled or filled the machine incorrectly, they are quite terrible. For example, I had the metal mulch control kit installed at delivery and they used wrong parts which I had to correct for them by looking at the installation manual. Also, the middle blade would strike the metal mulch kit making a constant clanging noise which the tech described as "normal". I took the machine home and reinstalled everything and grinded a little of the mulch kit down to make enough clearance for the blades. Apparently they had a new hire from Turkey prepare my machine and they did not quality control it at all. Very frustrating.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast