• 1 Post By jgayman
  • 3 Post By tcflyr

Thread: new x380

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks

new x380

Had a new x380 delivered a couple weeks ago. Overall it is a great mower but I have a few observations. First off, the hood seems to fit extremely close to the engine, you have to flex the hood a bit on the right side to get it to open, not a big deal but I would have thought this should not happen. Second, after the first mow it wasn't mowing evenly, somewhat of a stair step look. I figured no big deal, the dealer didn't level the deck so I leveled it according to the manual (with the gauge under the deck at 3 points). Another mow and it still didn't look as good as my old mower.. So I leveled the deck by using a block under the blades and now it mows beautifully! So the question I have does anyone else level the deck with gauge? Is it accurate for you? Otherwise love the mower, plenty of power, built to last a long time!
    Superglidesport likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Thanks
    I never thought of trying that. The gauge is kind of a pain to keep moving around. Congrats on the new machine.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    After leveling the deck using the supplied "chess piece", how far off were the blades when checking with the block of wood? On my X500, after leveling the deck using the chess piece, I find the blades themselves to be within 1/8" of each other side-to-side.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    After leveling the deck using the supplied "chess piece", how far off were the blades when checking with the block of wood? On my X500, after leveling the deck using the chess piece, I find the blades themselves to be within 1/8" of each other side-to-side.
    It was about 1/4" off side to side and the front to back was a little over 1/2". I set it even side to side and about 1/4" difference front to back, with the back higher. It made a huge difference, the lawn looks like a golf course now. (except for the dandelions! LOL)
    2016 2025R
    2017 X380

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    The 54" deck on my X540 worked fine with the factory tool. When I had a level shop floor too do it on that is.

Tried using the plastic JD measuring tool on the 42" deck of my old L108. It worked better with a block of wood. This was after replacing both spindles because the bearings were shot.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements