Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: I am angry with my new JD today

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2017 @ 10:03 AM
    Thanks

I am angry with my new JD today

Went out to use my new JD X354 to cut a very long lawn after all the rain we have had and guess what? 14.5 hours of use and the drive belt for the deck was off and totally jammed under one of the pulleys. I was fine last time I used it. I tried to get the pulley off to get the belt out but no luck. The nuts were so tight I could not budge them. JD dealer coming tomorrow. That's good service for this time of year. The must be very busy but it is a new tractor I purchased from them.
    John Deere X354 with All Wheel Steering 2017

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Glad to hear they are taking care of it. My new JD3025E was turning black...as the paint was peeling off. JD is out today putting a new hood on the tractor. Good service, but frustrating to have new equipment that does not work. At least you'll be able to see how the X354 performs on a VERY very long lawn.
    xcopterdoc, rtgt and PJR832 like this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Thanks
    Make sure the nuts aren't left-handed. You can turn a left-handed nut counter-clockwise all day long and never get it to break free----though it might break off if you twist enough!
    Last edited by BBarn; 06-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    rtgt, Levi, raco232 and 2 others like this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    Glad to hear dealer will take care of it for you , but an impact wrench with impact sockets (metric and sae) is a handy thing to have especially when changing or sharpening blades . Hope the issue doesn't repeat !!!
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Thanks
    You probably had a stick get in there and run the belt off.
    2016 JD 3025
    2016 D160XLV front endLoader with bucket
    2016 Frontier GM1060E finish mower
    2017 Frontier Fixed Pallet Forks (AP12F)
    55" Wicked root grapple from Everything Attachments
    WR Long 3rd function kit

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Thanks
    Any new machine has the potential to have problems come about during the first few hours of operation. When a problem does surface, all the dealer can do is react to that problem as quickly, efficiently and professionally as possible. First and foremost the customer is taken care of and given that warm fuzzy feeling that everything is ok and taken care of.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post

I worked at a metric bike shop one summer as a service writer. A customer dropped off a new quad for a faulty neutral switch. He made sure to tell me that it is under warranty so he doesn't expect a bill.
    The tech put it up on the lift to check out. Sure enough something poked up into the undercarriage. It bent edge of the skid plate over and broke the switch right off the transmission. It couldn't be more perfect of a shot. Part of the switch was still in the case and the other part was hanging from the wires. Then I had to make "the call". Of course he didn't believe me but gave the okay to order the part.
    When "they" (with his wife) came to pick it up we showed them what was left of the old switch. Then we put the machine back on the lift to show them the damaged skid plate underneath. After that there wasn't any denying what happened. He didn't want to pay for a new skid plate so we just bent it back.
    Then the wife proclaims "I told you (husband) that I ran over a stick" lol
    Apparently she was riding it when the switch stopped working. lol
    Tomfive, 56FordGuy, Levi and 4 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    First mow with my brand spankin' new 1026/54D deck. Belt squeeeeealed and then the deck quit. "Drive over deck" so I drove over it and found the belt off. No culprits like sticks or stones... Wait a minute, under one of the pullies barely visible was a small stone sticking out. No bigger then an elongated marble but... it had a heavy black stripe of belt rubber all the way around it. I thanked the "Easy Fix Gods" and put the belt back on and no trouble since. Only thing still puzzles me is where I picked up that stone having never gone over any bare patches or gravel, etc., and how it jumped up right into the correct spot to derail the belt...
    Gizmo2, Levi, 56Nine and 2 others like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks

Might not have been you

Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    First mow with my brand spankin' new 1026/54D deck. Belt squeeeeealed and then the deck quit. "Drive over deck" so I drove over it and found the belt off. No culprits like sticks or stones... Wait a minute, under one of the pullies barely visible was a small stone sticking out. No bigger then an elongated marble but... it had a heavy black stripe of belt rubber all the way around it. I thanked the "Easy Fix Gods" and put the belt back on and no trouble since. Only thing still puzzles me is where I picked up that stone having never gone over any bare patches or gravel, etc., and how it jumped up right into the correct spot to derail the belt...
    I wonder if the rock was picked up during the transport from the factory or when the dealer delivered it.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Treefarmer
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I wonder if the rock was picked up during the transport from the factory or when the dealer delivered it.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Treefarmer
    Next time I go to the dealer I'm going to check what kind of gravel he has around there!

Very possibly the stone was hiding under one of the drive over "ramps" or under another pulley on the deck. I don't have any roundish "river gravel" on my place. Just goes to show again, "If it can happen, it will happen (to Hydro and most every one else).
    pcabe5, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast