JD X500 and Johnny Bucket Jr. ???
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Cyendrey

Thread: JD X500 and Johnny Bucket Jr. ???

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks

JD X500 and Johnny Bucket Jr. ???

I have a 2015 X500. I've been looking at some of the videos where owners have installed a Johnny Bucket Jr, but they always seem to be the higher models of the X500 series.

Does anyone have experience with the base X500 and the Johnny Bucket Jr? Positives and negatives, caveats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    What X500 models are you seeing in the videos? The only X5-series that would be different would be the older X575/X585/X595. Those were built on the same frame as the current X700-series. The other X500's are the same tractor as yours. Some may have liquid cooling (X540) and some may have hydraulic lift (X530) and some may have a fuel injected engine (X590) but they all share the exact same frame and similar transmissions. In fact, the current X500-series shares the same frame with the X300-series.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    What X500 models are you seeing in the videos? The only X5-series that would be different would be the older X575/X585/X595. Those were built on the same frame as the current X700-series. The other X500's are the same tractor as yours. Some may have liquid cooling (X540) and some may have hydraulic lift (X530) and some may have a fuel injected engine (X590) but they all share the exact same frame and similar transmissions. In fact, the current X500-series shares the same frame with the X300-series.
    I don't think you would have a problem mounting it on your X500. It would actually be better because normally your foot pedal lifts and lowers your attachments like a snow plow or mower deck. The higher number models are equipped with hydraulic lift. My X540 uses the same lever to lift the deck or snow plow. On yours the same lever just locks the attachment in the up position. The JB Jr uses 2 electric actuators to work it. One to lift/lower it and one to dump it. This saves your left leg from having to work the bucket. It also gives you independent control. Normally the hydraulic lift would only work one attachment at a time. If you had the plow and deck on at the same time they would move up and down together. So you can leave your deck on while using the bucket.

The only 2 down sides that I see are.
    The X500 only has 3/4" front spindles vs 1" on the higher models. However the 3/4" ones should be strong enough to not have a problem.
    The X500 models have manual steering vs the higher models. It would be a little harder to steer with a full bucket. You probably seen the video of a 1xx series tractor using a JB Jr. He didn't seem to have a problem steering it.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I don't think you would have a problem mounting it on your X500. It would actually be better because normally your foot pedal lifts and lowers your attachments like a snow plow or mower deck. The higher number models are equipped with hydraulic lift. My X540 uses the same lever to lift the deck or snow plow. On yours the same lever just locks the attachment in the up position. The JB Jr uses 2 electric actuators to work it. One to lift/lower it and one to dump it. This saves your left leg from having to work the bucket. It also gives you independent control. Normally the hydraulic lift would only work one attachment at a time. If you had the plow and deck on at the same time they would move up and down together. So you can leave your deck on while using the bucket.

The only 2 down sides that I see are.
    The X500 only has 3/4" front spindles vs 1" on the higher models. However the 3/4" ones should be strong enough to not have a problem.
    The X500 models have manual steering vs the higher models. It would be a little harder to steer with a full bucket. You probably seen the video of a 1xx series tractor using a JB Jr. He didn't seem to have a problem steering it.
    Well, I cured my dilemma. I'm getting a 1025R... ;-)
    Clayton Yendrey
    2005 X300 (donated to SIL)
    2015 X500 w/54" deck
    2017 1025R, 120R FEL, BB2048, RT1149, iMatch QH
    Stihl: Chain saw, edger, FS46 trimmer, leaf blower
    Honda HRC walk behind mower

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyendrey View Post
    Well, I cured my dilemma. I'm getting a 1025R... ;-)
    Nice. That JBJR will never do what a loader can.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements