L115 @014 rough running

Thread: L115 @014 rough running

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 10:52 PM
    Thanks

L115 @014 rough running

Tractor belongs to my daughter, 300 miles away. It had fresh gas in it and mowed fine 4 times after repair shop replaced head gasket. Now it will make 2 laps of her 1/2 acre lot running fine and then start misfiring and losing power. It will continue to run rough and sometimes stall but will easily restart.

Tractor will continue to roun rough unless it is allowed to cool completely. Shop has picked it up twice and they say it runs fine for them. I don't think they are running it long enough and cutting grass with it.

Fuel filter and spark plug have been changed-no help. I am thinking coil, anyone have any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twonewts View Post
    Tractor belongs to my daughter, 300 miles away. It had fresh gas in it and mowed fine 4 times after repair shop replaced head gasket. Now it will make 2 laps of her 1/2 acre lot running fine and then start misfiring and losing power. It will continue to run rough and sometimes stall but will easily restart.

Tractor will continue to roun rough unless it is allowed to cool completely. Shop has picked it up twice and they say it runs fine for them. I don't think they are running it long enough and cutting grass with it.

Fuel filter and spark plug have been changed-no help. I am thinking coil, anyone have any other ideas?

Any kind of blue smoke coming from the exhaust or crankcase? If so it could be the head gasket went out again. Maybe because the head was warped. They should have used a straight edge tool to check the head and cylinder before going back together with it. If either part is warped no amount of head gaskets will fix it. There is also the possibility that the parts were not properly cleaned before reassembly.

If you think it is spark related. Have her pick up a cheep spark checking tool. Then run the engine until it acts up. Install the tool to verify if this is the problem.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe check the fuel cap for clogs ?
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    02-25-2018 @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    The coil sounds likely to me, she could try hosing it with "Dust Off" once it starts running bad to instantly cool it down. Tell her not to invert the can, the liquid is cold enough to crack the coil housing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements