• 1 Post By HydroHarold
  • 2 Post By H-D dealer dude

Thread: 355D value

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 08:10 AM
    Thanks

355D value

I am selling my 355D. The exhaust makes me sick. Same thing if I am behind a city bus. It has 2300 hours its complete and runs good. It needs front tires, motor mounts and maybe a new seat. Can anyone give me a price range for it. Thanks
    TJR345 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    If you were closer I'd buy it.Without pics I'd say $3,000.
    ColonyPark likes this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    If you were closer I'd buy it.Without pics I'd say $3,000.
    I'll race you there
    TJR345 likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I love the sweet odor of diesel smoke, but not all the time all day. I wonder, if you want to keep the D, if you could redirect the exhaust in a direction that won't bother you so much. I've done that with my gas GX335 and my 1026r diesel. Seemed like both of them were designed to smoke out operators or black out front mounted equipment. There's a couple of threads on here regarding exhaust mods using materials from plumbing drain parts (both of mine) and home welded up systems... Just a thought... Oh and put me on the list for possible purchase! Maybe you need to do an auction on this site!

This thread http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...n-failure.html is where I started with my 1026r, that's plain ol' J-trap tubing from a home center. Might give you some ideas. I didn't need to do anything radical to fix either of my machines, but you might want to go up or out in another direction...
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    I love the sweet odor of diesel smoke, but not all the time all day. I wonder, if you want to keep the D, if you could redirect the exhaust in a direction that won't bother you so much. I've done that with my gas GX335 and my 1026r diesel. Seemed like both of them were designed to smoke out operators or black out front mounted equipment. There's a couple of threads on here regarding exhaust mods using materials from plumbing drain parts (both of mine) and home welded up systems... Just a thought... Oh and put me on the list for possible purchase! Maybe you need to do an auction on this site!

This thread http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...n-failure.html is where I started with my 1026r, that's plain ol' J-trap tubing from a home center. Might give you some ideas. I didn't need to do anything radical to fix either of my machines, but you might want to go up or out in another direction...
    But then Jackson has got to buy motor mounts and front tires. lol

Could it be that it's just time for a new tractor? I had a couple coworkers with the same problem. Every time they were ready to unload the vehicle they were driving. Some kind of irreversible problem pops up that can only be fixed by replacing it with something else. lol The one guy usually traded used for used. However the other guy would keep buying new Chevys. Even though any problem that the car had was still covered under warranty. If I had so many problems with a particular brand I would never buy another one. Maybe that's the excuse to justify another new car to his wife. lol
    HydroHarold and johnH123 like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    07-23-2017 @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like an interesting offer.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements