Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: X758 Wierd noise and feeling...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-22-2019 @ 07:15 AM
    Thanks

X758 Wierd noise and feeling...

Hi all, I have a X758 with 28 hours on it. Ever since new, there has been a feeling of gears not meshing right causing a vibration through the machine when moving. I especially notice it when I am about half to 3/4 on the forwards or reverse pedals. I though it was strange since my X728 I had with HFWD didn't do this but thought maybe it had to 'wear' in. Yesterday when I was mowing it seemed to be a little worse, so I figured I would do a fluid change to see if there was any debris. I didn't see any in the oil, I used a paper towel under the drain ports to see if there was pieces of metal. I am going to cut the filter open to see if has any in there. I mentioned it to the mechanic at my dealer when I was picking up the oil and he said they did have a new X series they had to replace the front axle and the it sounded like my issue, I wasn't happy to hear this. The other odd thing is the oil I drained looked pink. I have changed A LOT of LoVis Hygard and it has a honey color, this looked like and smelled like the Hydrau they are putting in the new skidsteers. Maybe it will just be a fluid change and be good, but not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this with their HFWD tractors? The mechanic asked if it was noisy but I cant hear it over the engine.

Thanks for any help

Adam
    etcallhome and TJR345 like this.
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks
    It shouldn't be pink and if it smells different I would take it to the dealer.They could've put the wrong oil in from the factory.I wonder if they have a hydro oil that looks like that.It would confirm the wrong oil theory.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I know they do have an oil like that, our skidsteers at work both take the new Hydrau XR. It is supposed to be some new super synthetic that won't break down with the heat generated from the high flow on the machines. It would just suck that they did it at the factory if it was wrong, but if they use it in a $90K skidsteer I would hope it would be okay for the tractor...

I just refilled the trans and front axle, I let it drain over night and was running it around the yard. I had the tractor only half idle and no ear plugs and when I turn all the way to the right, the left front axle does make noise. I tried it on the lawn and blacktop and it is there. I tried it both ways, left and right lock and it is only when it is turn to the right. So unfortunately I think I am going to have to take it in to the dealer and see what they say. I wonder if something in the front left final drive is messed up. I cut the filter open and it was quite clean which made me happy to see. I spun the front wheels too when I had it up on jackstands and it is loud, which makes me concerned as well.

I guess this will be an ongoing thread, I will keep everyone apprised of my situation...

Adam
    TJR345 likes this.
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamq View Post
    I know they do have an oil like that, our skidsteers at work both take the new Hydrau XR. It is supposed to be some new super synthetic that won't break down with the heat generated from the high flow on the machines. It would just suck that they did it at the factory if it was wrong, but if they use it in a $90K skidsteer I would hope it would be okay for the tractor...

I just refilled the trans and front axle, I let it drain over night and was running it around the yard. I had the tractor only half idle and no ear plugs and when I turn all the way to the right, the left front axle does make noise. I tried it on the lawn and blacktop and it is there. I tried it both ways, left and right lock and it is only when it is turn to the right. So unfortunately I think I am going to have to take it in to the dealer and see what they say. I wonder if something in the front left final drive is messed up. I cut the filter open and it was quite clean which made me happy to see. I spun the front wheels too when I had it up on jackstands and it is loud, which makes me concerned as well.

I guess this will be an ongoing thread, I will keep everyone apprised of my situation...

Adam
    I would take the old oil with you to so them.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks

Adam
    I'd send your tractor back like a boomerang. It's obviously under warranty. It's kind of late now but I wouldn't have spent your money on service parts. Not after spending over $10,000 for the tractor. This way if they find the wrong fluid was put in your more than covered. Definitely save some to take in with your tractor.
    Now if you had enough hours to need a transmission service by all means do it.

What year was your X728? I believe that the older models had a lever to shift into and out of 4WD. If it was new enough to have the full time set up. Pretty much everything but the engine should be the same (gas vs diesel). So it sounds like you are used to how it handles & turns. If something feels wrong it may have a problem.

From what I understand the front differential is powered by hydro fluid pressure instead of a drive shaft. So your problem could be with this system or possibly the front axle.
    Last edited by H-D dealer dude; 07-23-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    HD yes, I actually dropped the tractor off today and will call them tomorrow to talk with the service manager. I actually texted my salesman yesterday to mention I was bringing it back for them to check out and see what the deal is. I have some fluid saved that I will take to them too if they want to see it. My X728 was a 2011, it had the HFWD, I wasn't sure I would like it but loved it. When I traded to a 1025r I really missed the AWD of the X. They are hydraulically driven yes, there is a proportioning valve that opens and closes to allow more fluid to go to one wheel in the front versus the other when you steer. This way it eliminates scuffing the grass up but allows both front tires to turn at all times.

I will see what they say, I am going to see what they say. The dealer has been really good in the past, my boss has dropped a TON of money there the past couple of years and I have bought four tractors there in the past six years so I am hoping this will help a little bit.

Thanks

Adam
    OxPath and H-D dealer dude like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    HD yes, I actually dropped the tractor off today and will call them tomorrow to talk with the service manager. I actually texted my salesman yesterday to mention I was bringing it back for them to check out and see what the deal is. I have some fluid saved that I will take to them too if they want to see it. My X728 was a 2011, it had the HFWD, I wasn't sure I would like it but loved it. When I traded to a 1025r I really missed the AWD of the X. They are hydraulically driven yes, there is a proportioning valve that opens and closes to allow more fluid to go to one wheel in the front versus the other when you steer. This way it eliminates scuffing the grass up but allows both front tires to turn at all times.

I will see what they say, I am going to see what they say. The dealer has been really good in the past, my boss has dropped a TON of money there the past couple of years and I have bought four tractors there in the past six years so I am hoping this will help a little bit.

Thanks

Adam
    Sounds like you have also dumped a ton of money at this dealership.

The difference between a 1025 and a X758 is exactly what I was talking about. Full time vs part time.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-03-2018 @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks

Thanks

Adam
    Hello ... Pls provide an update on what was found. I'm having the same issue with my 2014 X758 that I just bought but which has only 55hrs on it.

Thanks,
    Richard
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Current: [4320, 400X Loader, 447 Backhoe], [1981 650, 47 Front Blade], [X585, 62C Deck, 47 Snowblower, Curtis Cab]
    Past: [4410, nnn Loader, Curtis Cab], [750, nnn Loader], [1951 M], [X485, 62C Deck, 47 Snowblower]
    Wish List: Cab for 4320

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-03-2018 @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks
    I think I found the answer to our concerns working with the Deere dealer; see attached file ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    eric102 likes this.
    Current: [4320, 400X Loader, 447 Backhoe], [1981 650, 47 Front Blade], [X585, 62C Deck, 47 Snowblower, Curtis Cab]
    Past: [4410, nnn Loader, Curtis Cab], [750, nnn Loader], [1951 M], [X485, 62C Deck, 47 Snowblower]
    Wish List: Cab for 4320

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi there, sorry, nothing was done at the dealer I normally go to. Planning on taking the tractor to another dealer in the area that is not owned by the same people. I talked with their service manager and was told it should not be making noise or vibrating the entire tractor. I have been waiting for leaf cleanup to be done. Hopefully something will be done.

Adam
    TJR345 likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast