455 Deck Hanging Issues
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 455 Deck Hanging Issues

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    455 Deck Hanging Issues

    Since this is my first post, I first want to just give a quick "hello" to everyone..It looks like I've found a great resource for any problems with my JD....

    Ok, I am having problems with getting my front Deck Hanger/Draft Arms, etc... to hook into the large hooks on the front of my mower attachment. No matter what I've tried so far, it seems that I am just 2-3 inches short of being able to properly connect the hanger to the mower. The back is held on just fine, it's just the front that's the problem. Any suggestions on what I should look at/check before I call for a JD mobile repair unit to take a look? Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    10-31-2011 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Welcome Aboard!
    I'm not familiar with the 455, but would you have any pictures?
    I found this Parts breakdown of the Lift Linkage over at JDParts.com..
    Which pieces are you referring to?

  4. Top | #3
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,359
    Thanks
    2,061
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    I think JD refers to the part as the front draft arm. Have you had the mower on your tractor before so you know it has the correct arm? When I put the deck on my 445, I leave it completely lowered and connect the links to the large hooks. The draft arms work on an over-center arrangement. If you insert the cross shaft of the pivot on the front into the hooks on the front of the tractor, you should be able to secure the lock by moving toward the rear. I am envious. I still have the blade and chains on my tractor waiting for the next snow.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan
    Posts
    3,571
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 333 Times in 213 Posts
    I am not sure if I understand your issue. It looks like Dave posted the rear section above. Is it that section you are having issue with or the front hanger? I have posted pictures of the front hanger connected to my 445 (gas version of your tractor).

    Might you have it upside down, or? Let me know and I can take pictures of whatever part or hook up you need.



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-04-05_19-16-31_787.jpg   2011-04-05_19-16-46_261.jpg   2011-04-05_19-17-03_123.jpg  
    Brian

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I think JD refers to the part as the front draft arm. Have you had the mower on your tractor before so you know it has the correct arm? When I put the deck on my 445, I leave it completely lowered and connect the links to the large hooks. The draft arms work on an over-center arrangement. If you insert the cross shaft of the pivot on the front into the hooks on the front of the tractor, you should be able to secure the lock by moving toward the rear. I am envious. I still have the blade and chains on my tractor waiting for the next snow.
    Yeah, I was kind of disappointed I only got to use my snowplow blade/chains twice this winter season... And yes, it's apparently called the front draft arm. I assume it's the correct arm, since it used to seem to fit just fine. I'm going to double-check to make sure I am not doing something really dumb, like putting it on backwards or something of that nature. I'll keep on plugging away at it, and thanks for you help.

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I am not sure if I understand your issue. It looks like Dave posted the rear section above. Is it that section you are having issue with or the front hanger? I have posted pictures of the front hanger connected to my 445 (gas version of your tractor).

    Might you have it upside down, or? Let me know and I can take pictures of whatever part or hook up you need.
    Hey, Brian...Yes, those pics (esp the 3rd one) are exactly what I'm refering to in my situation...I certainly hope I did something dumb like trying to attach it upside down, but I haven't had more time to mess w/it yet. I'll be trying to re-attach it by tomorrow night so that I can avoid the cost of having the JD dealer come out w/their mobile repair unit only to tell me it's something dumb I did...An expensive price to pay for nothing! Thanks, and I'll let everyone know how it turns our tomorrow night.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    Welcome Aboard!
    I'm not familiar with the 455, but would you have any pictures?
    I found this Parts breakdown of the Lift Linkage over at JDParts.com..
    Which pieces are you referring to?
    I don't have pics right at the moment, but I could easily take some if it comes down to that...I've since found out they are called the front draft arms..The mower itself seems to be fine. Thanks for your imput!

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 10:31 AM
    Location
    South English, Ia
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    attaching

    Quote Originally Posted by KyMtnclimber View Post
    Hey, Brian...Yes, those pics (esp the 3rd one) are exactly what I'm refering to in my situation...I certainly hope I did something dumb like trying to attach it upside down, but I haven't had more time to mess w/it yet. I'll be trying to re-attach it by tomorrow night so that I can avoid the cost of having the JD dealer come out w/their mobile repair unit only to tell me it's something dumb I did...An expensive price to pay for nothing! Thanks, and I'll let everyone know how it turns our tomorrow night.
    I trust that the deck is setting on all 4 guage wheels.

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I'm both happy (and embarassed) to report that I had actually been putting the #@%& thing on backwards, as was asked about by one or two people. I am happy to say you were right, and when I put it on using pics posted here as a guide, it took all of about 10 sec for it to latch on perfectly. I'm just so glad for you guys on here to suggest that, especially since it saved me a fortune by avoiding a visit by the JD mobile worktruck! Thanks again everyone for the assistance.

  12. Top | #10
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,097
    Thanks
    4,928
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KyMtnclimber View Post
    Well, I'm both happy (and embarassed) to report that I had actually been putting the #@%& thing on backwards, as was asked about by one or two people. I am happy to say you were right, and when I put it on using pics posted here as a guide, it took all of about 10 sec for it to latch on perfectly. I'm just so glad for you guys on here to suggest that, especially since it saved me a fortune by avoiding a visit by the JD mobile worktruck! Thanks again everyone for the assistance.
    Hey that is great news! I am glad you figured it out.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mower Deck Adapter for 60D 7-Iron Deck
    By Joe in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 04:15 AM
  2. MM Deck issues on my 1026R.........Help needed !!!
    By Goodscout in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM
  3. 455 Electrical Problem
    By dl1967 in forum Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
  4. I have New Camera! - Pics of a little buck thats been hanging around
    By Catndoo in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
  5. Hanging a garage propane heater
    By smalltown in forum Home & Workshop Projects
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •