455 Deck Hanging Issues
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 455 Deck Hanging Issues

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks

455 Deck Hanging Issues

Since this is my first post, I first want to just give a quick "hello" to everyone..It looks like I've found a great resource for any problems with my JD....

Ok, I am having problems with getting my front Deck Hanger/Draft Arms, etc... to hook into the large hooks on the front of my mower attachment. No matter what I've tried so far, it seems that I am just 2-3 inches short of being able to properly connect the hanger to the mower. The back is held on just fine, it's just the front that's the problem. Any suggestions on what I should look at/check before I call for a JD mobile repair unit to take a look? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-31-2011 @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome Aboard!
    I'm not familiar with the 455, but would you have any pictures?
    I found this Parts breakdown of the Lift Linkage over at JDParts.com..
    Which pieces are you referring to?

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    I think JD refers to the part as the front draft arm. Have you had the mower on your tractor before so you know it has the correct arm? When I put the deck on my 445, I leave it completely lowered and connect the links to the large hooks. The draft arms work on an over-center arrangement. If you insert the cross shaft of the pivot on the front into the hooks on the front of the tractor, you should be able to secure the lock by moving toward the rear. I am envious. I still have the blade and chains on my tractor waiting for the next snow.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I am not sure if I understand your issue. It looks like Dave posted the rear section above. Is it that section you are having issue with or the front hanger? I have posted pictures of the front hanger connected to my 445 (gas version of your tractor).

Might you have it upside down, or? Let me know and I can take pictures of whatever part or hook up you need.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-04-05_19-16-31_787.jpg   2011-04-05_19-16-46_261.jpg   2011-04-05_19-17-03_123.jpg  
    Brian

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I think JD refers to the part as the front draft arm. Have you had the mower on your tractor before so you know it has the correct arm? When I put the deck on my 445, I leave it completely lowered and connect the links to the large hooks. The draft arms work on an over-center arrangement. If you insert the cross shaft of the pivot on the front into the hooks on the front of the tractor, you should be able to secure the lock by moving toward the rear. I am envious. I still have the blade and chains on my tractor waiting for the next snow.
    Yeah, I was kind of disappointed I only got to use my snowplow blade/chains twice this winter season... And yes, it's apparently called the front draft arm. I assume it's the correct arm, since it used to seem to fit just fine. I'm going to double-check to make sure I am not doing something really dumb, like putting it on backwards or something of that nature. I'll keep on plugging away at it, and thanks for you help.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I am not sure if I understand your issue. It looks like Dave posted the rear section above. Is it that section you are having issue with or the front hanger? I have posted pictures of the front hanger connected to my 445 (gas version of your tractor).

Might you have it upside down, or? Let me know and I can take pictures of whatever part or hook up you need.
    Hey, Brian...Yes, those pics (esp the 3rd one) are exactly what I'm refering to in my situation...I certainly hope I did something dumb like trying to attach it upside down, but I haven't had more time to mess w/it yet. I'll be trying to re-attach it by tomorrow night so that I can avoid the cost of having the JD dealer come out w/their mobile repair unit only to tell me it's something dumb I did...An expensive price to pay for nothing! Thanks, and I'll let everyone know how it turns our tomorrow night.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    Welcome Aboard!
    I'm not familiar with the 455, but would you have any pictures?
    I found this Parts breakdown of the Lift Linkage over at JDParts.com..
    Which pieces are you referring to?
    I don't have pics right at the moment, but I could easily take some if it comes down to that...I've since found out they are called the front draft arms..The mower itself seems to be fine. Thanks for your imput!

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 10:31 AM
    Thanks

attaching

Quote Originally Posted by KyMtnclimber View Post
    Hey, Brian...Yes, those pics (esp the 3rd one) are exactly what I'm refering to in my situation...I certainly hope I did something dumb like trying to attach it upside down, but I haven't had more time to mess w/it yet. I'll be trying to re-attach it by tomorrow night so that I can avoid the cost of having the JD dealer come out w/their mobile repair unit only to tell me it's something dumb I did...An expensive price to pay for nothing! Thanks, and I'll let everyone know how it turns our tomorrow night.
    I trust that the deck is setting on all 4 guage wheels.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, I'm both happy (and embarassed) to report that I had actually been putting the #@%& thing on backwards, as was asked about by one or two people. I am happy to say you were right, and when I put it on using pics posted here as a guide, it took all of about 10 sec for it to latch on perfectly. I'm just so glad for you guys on here to suggest that, especially since it saved me a fortune by avoiding a visit by the JD mobile worktruck! Thanks again everyone for the assistance.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KyMtnclimber View Post
    Well, I'm both happy (and embarassed) to report that I had actually been putting the #@%& thing on backwards, as was asked about by one or two people. I am happy to say you were right, and when I put it on using pics posted here as a guide, it took all of about 10 sec for it to latch on perfectly. I'm just so glad for you guys on here to suggest that, especially since it saved me a fortune by avoiding a visit by the JD mobile worktruck! Thanks again everyone for the assistance.
    Hey that is great news! I am glad you figured it out.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast