• 1 Post By TNTorpedo

Thread: L 130

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts

L 130

Looking for answers on a L130. This is not my tractor but I was asked to trouble shoot it and fix if possible. I've looked at the service manual and what I found is that the transmission for the hydrostatic trans is not serviceable. Is it correct the fluid can't be changed? The problem with the tractor is that it will not go forward or backward. I'm thinking that the belt came off. I looked at it but didn't know what or where to look at the time so didn't see if that is the case. Any other possibilities? I checked on the deck removal because I need to take it off to work on it. This tractor is at least 14 years old and the lady doesn't want to get rid of it as it was her husband's and he died a year or so ago. Her husband did all the work on it and her sons don't know how to work on it either. One son will be with me so he can learn. I'm wanting to know if there is something I'm missing. Appreciate any and all help.

One other thing, she can't find the owners manual. I got the service manual from where someone on here posted where to get it. I would love to look through the owners manual. It has a V-twin Kohler engine.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 652 Posts
    Looks like there might a couple manuals. Hope one of these is the right one.

OMGX22058_F5

OMGX21647_K3
    Levi, keefus and gbnpp05 like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Thanks
    Levi, keefus, gbnpp05 and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentalMechanic View Post
    Supposedly not serviceable but as you see it can be done.
    You can also buy internal parts directly from Tough Torque. The ones not available from a JD dealership.

First thing to check is the freewheeling lever on the back of the frame. Also be sure it's actually moving to lever on the transmission. Hooked up.

The belt is the next in line. Also check the tensioning assembly and spring.

Also check the pulley on top of the transmission. Make sure it's actually turning the shaft.
    Levi, keefus, romcjr and 2 others like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody. All good info and now I know what I'll be doing in my spare time...reading. Thanks again.
    romcjr likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    02-25-2018 @ 10:42 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Thanks everybody. All good info and now I know what I'll be doing in my spare time...reading. Thanks again.
    There are also several good videos on YouTube covering the K46.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well the L130 was a bust. I went hoping it would be an easy fix. Got the deck off and blew all the grass off the deck and tractor. Got under it and checked things out. Had the lady that owns it sit on the tractor and start it, took the brake off and try to go forward and reverse. The traction belt was tight as it was supposed to be but there was no movement with the tractor. So all I could figured out was that the transmission is fried. Linkage, fan and pulley for the trans. all work but not the trans. Told her I don't know what else to do and that she might have to buy a trans. if she wants it fixed. Also told her that someone else would have to do the replacing as it not being mine I don't feel comfortable doing the work. I could probably do it but it would take me a while to do as I've never done one on these type of tractors. Engine works great. I did bring a gas filter with me and changed that. I tried to steer her in the right direction. Hope it works out for her.

NRA Life Member

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements