X330 Slow Reverse

Thread: X330 Slow Reverse

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-27-2019 @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks

X330 Slow Reverse

Hello, new guy here.

For Mother's Day this year, I got my wife a new 2017 X330. It only has 27 hrs. on it and she said it has become very slow going in reverse. I tried it and it is, in fact, really slow in reverse. I followed the pedal linkage down to where it connects to the shaft and can see that the shaft does move when the fwd and reverse pedals are depressed but it only move a small amount when the reverse pedal is depressed.

I'm not sure if this is an adjustment problem and not sure how it should be adjusted or maybe the problem is internal to the transmission.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. I'll probably have to take it in to the dealer - it's just a pain.

Regards,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    It doesn't take much to cause this. Follow the pedal under the foot rest. On the pedal arm where the pedal attaches you will see a nut and bolt. Loosen a turn or so and pull up on the pedal while you tighten the nut. Now try it and see what it does.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,360 Posts
    The plastic in the reverse pedal will actually stretch over time. The adjustment mentioned in the prior post is very helpful and also, a good way to test the reverse speed to make sure nothing serious is wrong is to reach up with your toe and pull the forward pedal back with your foot and it should have full reverse speed.

Just be careful because it's a little odd to be pulling that forward motion pedal backwards and your operation of it likely won't be very smooth. But I bet you will find that between the adjustment mentioned and the stretching of the plastic in the reverse pedal, it's likely a very simple fix.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=xcopterdoc;2157114]It doesn't take much to cause this. Follow the pedal under the foot rest. On the pedal arm where the pedal attaches you will see a nut and bolt. Loosen a turn or so and pull up on the pedal while you tighten the nut. Now try it and see what it does.

Thanks for this suggestion. I messed with that adjustment and was able to improve the reverse speed. It's better than it was but maybe not quite as fast as it was when we bought it. Probably good enough, though. We'll see after the little lady next uses it.

If it get slower again, I'll take it to the dealer before getting too carried away with making my own adjustments and voiding the warranty.

Thanks again. Really appreciate it!

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    The plastic in the reverse pedal will actually stretch over time. The adjustment mentioned in the prior post is very helpful and also, a good way to test the reverse speed to make sure nothing serious is wrong is to reach up with your toe and pull the forward pedal back with your foot and it should have full reverse speed.

Just be careful because it's a little odd to be pulling that forward motion pedal backwards and your operation of it likely won't be very smooth. But I bet you will find that between the adjustment mentioned and the stretching of the plastic in the reverse pedal, it's likely a very simple fix.
    I did pull up on the forward pedal and the reverse speed was the same as pressing the reverse pedal down. I made the adjustment suggested by xcopterdoc and the reverse speed improved.

Thanks for your suggestion.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements