John Deere 355D install engine mounts and isolators

Thread: John Deere 355D install engine mounts and isolators

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-26-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 355D install engine mounts and isolators

Has anyone replaced the isolators on a 355D? I am trying to do that but I am having problems getting the correct clearance. According to my John Deere manual it says that I need 6mm clearance from the top of mounting plate to the top of the frame of the tractor. Not sure where to measure this clearance. Plus there is no adjustment on the isolators. The book says if the clearance is not right the hood will not fit.
    I thought I would leave the bolts on the isolators loose and then tighten them after the engine is bolted down. The book says to install and torque down the bolts on the mounting plate before installing the engine. Not sure what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson63 View Post
    Has anyone replaced the isolators on a 355D? I am trying to do that but I am having problems getting the correct clearance. According to my John Deere manual it says that I need 6mm clearance from the top of mounting plate to the top of the frame of the tractor. Not sure where to measure this clearance. Plus there is no adjustment on the isolators. The book says if the clearance is not right the hood will not fit.
    I thought I would leave the bolts on the isolators loose and then tighten them after the engine is bolted down. The book says to install and torque down the bolts on the mounting plate before installing the engine. Not sure what to do.
    Just bolt the mounts in. Then see if the hood fits/closes. If the engine is rubbing the hood it might crack it.

Usually old mounts cause clearance problems when they become old, cracked and saggy.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

jackson63 (10-19-2017)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements