• 2 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: 335 mower deck bogges down engine

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-21-2017 @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks

335 mower deck bogges down engine

Hello,

I just got a used 335 & it worked good for a few weeks, now the power or rpms don't increase when the blades are engaged and it will hardly cut and wants to almost die out. any suggestions? I'm sure it has to be simple, It seems like some type of governor problem and if so where is it on this Kawasaki engine.

I found an exposes circuit board, open to the elements on the right side when you raise the hood. could it be a problem with a module on this board? I need to find a manual that tells me what is what. the problem may not be with the engine but with the part that's telling the engine what to do.

Ok I seen a tractor diagram & the circuit board is ok. seems like the mower is bogging down the engine, could the spindles be shot? I pumped them up with grease, or has the engine just lost power & can't handle the traverse and the blades together? In any grass at all the traverse speed slows and the blades spin slow. Any solutions?

I just finished cutting with my 29 year old 17hp 265 and I now think that the engine doesn't have power for some reason
    Last edited by wxokic; 10-21-2017 at 03:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wxokic View Post
    Hello,

I just got a used 335 & it worked good for a few weeks, now the power or rpms don't increase when the blades are engaged and it will hardly cut and wants to almost die out. any suggestions? I'm sure it has to be simple, It seems like some type of governor problem and if so where is it on this Kawasaki engine.
    did u try changing ur gas filter? if not-that's where i would start at.
    raco232 likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

used 335 that won't throttle up

Hello,

I found an exposes circuit board, open to the elements on the right side when you raise the hood. could it be a problem with a module on this board? I need to find a manual that tells me what is what. the problem may not be with the engine but with the part that's telling the engine what to do.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok I seen a tractor diagram & the circuit board is ok. seems like the mower is bogging down the engine, could the spindles be shot? I pumped them up with grease, or has the engine just lost power & can't handle the traverse and the blades together? In any grass at all the traverse speed slows and the blades spin slow. Any solutions?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks
    Pull the deck and see if the blades are spinning freely. If so, start looking at the engine.
    raco232 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    More than likely you are only running on one cylinder. With it running unplug the wire from the spark plugs. Find out what cylinder is dead. When you unplug the good cylinder the engine will die.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xcopterdoc; 10-21-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    2032Ranger and raco232 like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements