Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zimmersci

Thread: X700 air suspension seat ergonomics

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 12:23 PM
    Thanks

X700 air suspension seat ergonomics

Well my last post of a few weeks ago finally closed the saga of the defective air suspension seat option on my still-under-warranty X739

After a litany of phone calls, a service manager that left midstream, an OEM supplier that that could care LESS about customer satisfaction and the hours (yes hours) of calls with JD, I finally got the never-right-in-the-first-place-seat replaced.

Now, Chapter two: a comment on the air ride suspension seat armrests.
    There are three height adjustment positions for the armrests, with a bracket (stamped key) for each position, and a cap screw to secure the entire rest within each bracket position. The problem is that even on the HIGHEST position. The arm rests are clearly too low (about 3 inches) and at least for me, are useless.

I read a string from back in January 2016 about a fellow debating as to which seat and accompanying armrests he should buy....my question is- could the wrong set of armrests be fitted on this air suspension seat?

Also a note: the recline adjustment level on the rear left side of the seat has a sharp pointed compound end that regularly jabs my rear end. Tip- put a black rubber furniture leg cap on it to defend your rear end from attack on slopes and rocking motions.

Once I solve the issues of this seat and feel comfortable (no pun) I will try to give a perspective on the seat vs. money spent for it, but I will hold my tongue for now regarding a recommendation.

BTW, the tractor is fantastic.
    BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    Could you give a few pics of the seat and arm rest.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmersci View Post
    Well my last post of a few weeks ago finally closed the saga of the defective air suspension seat option on my still-under-warranty X739

After a litany of phone calls, a service manager that left midstream, an OEM supplier that that could care LESS about customer satisfaction and the hours (yes hours) of calls with JD, I finally got the never-right-in-the-first-place-seat replaced.

Now, Chapter two: a comment on the air ride suspension seat armrests.
    There are three height adjustment positions for the armrests, with a bracket (stamped key) for each position, and a cap screw to secure the entire rest within each bracket position. The problem is that even on the HIGHEST position. The arm rests are clearly too low (about 3 inches) and at least for me, are useless.

I read a string from back in January 2016 about a fellow debating as to which seat and accompanying armrests he should buy....my question is- could the wrong set of armrests be fitted on this air suspension seat?

Also a note: the recline adjustment level on the rear left side of the seat has a sharp pointed compound end that regularly jabs my rear end. Tip- put a black rubber furniture leg cap on it to defend your rear end from attack on slopes and rocking motions.

Once I solve the issues of this seat and feel comfortable (no pun) I will try to give a perspective on the seat vs. money spent for it, but I will hold my tongue for now regarding a recommendation.

BTW, the tractor is fantastic.
    I looked at the air ride seat I have and the arm rest brackets are totally different from the arm rest on either the X748 or the 1025, so I don't think you have the wrong arm rests.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    X748 - Curtis cab; X758 - 54" mower; X754 - 54" mower; 1025 TLB
    48" Berco Snowblower, 647 tiller, Cyclone vac, 60" 7-Iron deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 12:23 PM
    Thanks

Pics tonite

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer.2012 View Post
    I looked at the air ride seat I have and the arm rest brackets are totally different from the arm rest on either the X748 or the 1025, so I don't think you have the wrong arm rests.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks to TJR and Hummer for your input. I will post some pics tonite.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Zimmersci; 11-10-2017 at 01:13 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements