2002 x475 650hrs headgasket ?

Thread: 2002 x475 650hrs headgasket ?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,063 Posts

2002 x475 650hrs headgasket ?

Iwould like to if anybody ever had a headgasket problems on these motors? dealer was repairing wiring harness under seat for seat switch,also acouple of other items,when starting it up blew steam out exhaust until it warmed up, my? what caused gasket to go bad? did compression check ok says they are good,so waiting on gaskets,cannot pu till tue or wed. now. pulled line sheet off of serial #, I will be 3 owner,would any one be afaid to own it now.my has a neighor 345 same motor, it has been a very good tractor over the years.thanks to all your replys. big jim 55

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    Iwould like to if anybody ever had a headgasket problems on these motors? dealer was repairing wiring harness under seat for seat switch,also acouple of other items,when starting it up blew steam out exhaust until it warmed up, my? what caused gasket to go bad? did compression check ok says they are good,so waiting on gaskets,cannot pu till tue or wed. now. pulled line sheet off of serial #, I will be 3 owner,would any one be afaid to own it now.my has a neighor 345 same motor, it has been a very good tractor over the years.thanks to all your replys. big jim 55
    Probably got the rad or screens plugged and over heated the engine more than a few times. That happened to my 2320 as my wife had a bad habit of not paying attention to the little red light. I would have the heads checked to make sure they are not warped while it is apart as well.
    John

Case 1070 Agri King with Cab loader and 12 Speed Power Shift

JD X485 with 62C deck
    JD 425
    JD 325 With 48 inch Deck and 30 Mechanical Tiller
    JD Gator TH 6x4
    JD 216H 46 mower and 33 tiller
    Stihl MS250, KM130R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,063 Posts

bad head gasket

Quote Originally Posted by Saskman49 View Post
    Probably got the rad or screens plugged and over heated the engine more than a few times. That happened to my 2320 as my wife had a bad habit of not paying attention to the little red light. I would have the heads checked to make sure they are not warped while it is apart as well.
    Thanks for responding Saskman49,135124. I was thinking the same thing here at home,deciding what I wanted to do.I also think the heads should be checked to determine the damage,because once I hand over the money,it will me my baby.will jd put a warrenty on the gaskets after they in? why do you thing only one side left loose and not both? whats cost to check heads now,would make me feel a lot better paying for it now instead of being down later and putting both on then,anybody have aidea what a new head for this x475 cost?Thanks again to everybody.Big Jim 55.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements