x300 mulching kit??

Thread: x300 mulching kit??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-07-2014 @ 01:03 PM
    Thanks

x300 mulching kit??

Hi,

So I recently put a mulch kit on my x300 it was the kit right from the JD dealer. I am having problems with there being missed areas in the cut like a good amount just not getting cut proper. I am fairly sure i put the kit on correctly, and I am running the mower at full throttle. These are the first blades i bought for the mower so one odd thing to me was both blades had "right" stamped on them, not sure if that is a concern or not. I am just looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a solution.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Thanks
    Wrestler,

I have the factory kit for my x304 and have used it a bit and did not notice any missed areas. You do have to watch your ground speed if the grass is long to avoid clumping.

Ours had not seen a lot of use because the grass in Oregon grew so fast and often got mowed when not completely dry so the bagger was used quite a bit. Now that the machine is at the new house in Idaho, the wife still bags the grass mostly out of habit -- maybe I should put the mulching kit back on...

I don't recall any markings on the blades to denote any differences between the two in the kit.

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuckv; 06-22-2014 at 07:48 PM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I tried at all speeds and in the thick grass it will still miss a strip. I guess what could be causing it to miss a strip......it seems like it is in the center maybe favoring the left side of the deck a bit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    I would check and make sure the blades are on correctly. I know on my deck there is a slight shoulder on the spindle and if I don't wiggle the blades when I put them on they can hang up on the shoulder and not sit level with the spindle. I would also check to make sure the blades are flat and level from blade to blade. Other than that just double check the deck adjustment, blades are generally a little lower in the front than in the back by about a 1/4". Also I would check your gauge wheeled and make sure the deck is not binding up on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 07:13 PM
    Thanks
    The "right" stamped in them just means that it is a right discharge deck. Some decks discharge to the left so they spin the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Thanks
    I bought a mulch kit for my X320. I don't use it in the summer, but I put it on in the fall to mulch leaves. For that, it does a good job and I don't really noticed any uncut areas when I do use it.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I think i found the culprit, I assumed everything was leveled out on the deck but i was wrong I see the one side is way off from the other, so I am going to level it out and see if that fixes the issue. THere are essentially 4 leveling points on these decks correct the 2 in the front and the 2 on the side where the mower drops down. Is there a certain spot the adjustment nuts should be or should it not matter as long as they are the same from side to side??

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok so i leveled it and the missed area got better but still not a great cut.......one thing i noticed is the front nuts where you adjust the mower level, one of them would pivot and the other would not. So one side would move up and down as i adjusted the nuts, is this supposed to be happening??

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements