• 1 Post By gimmo

Thread: electrical X595

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-10-2014 @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks

electrical X595

New to the site and need your help!
    My X595 hesitated to start, I didn't wait for the glow plugs to cycle because the tractor was hot.The starter turned over real slow and then there was a pop and smoke as the 2mm fuseable link blew at the starter. then I turned the key again and she started right up.I got it back to the shop and began looking... No glow plugs. I replaced the fusable link, still no power.Traced the heavy wires back to a relay on bottom right of dash, it was bad so changed it. now I have glow plugs but they stay on much longer then the dash indicator is lit. Is the problem the control module or the key switch and circuit board?I think the starter and glow plugs were on at the same time and thats what blew the link. machine has 275 Hrs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    02-15-2015 @ 06:49 AM
    Thanks
    Herb,

I am new here also! Yes, the over current condition seems to have caused the link to go. The reason John Deere built it in. That is the second reason for the time delay. So now your glow plug cycle time is longer! Interesting indeed. Possibly, the replacement may have a longer cycle time. Are all parts replaced; the link also? The time relay you mentioned also. It could be a JD product improvement.

Nine (9) years ago I looked for a X595, the only remaining model was many miles away. The X575 (gas, carbureted) was my second choice, and I'm very pleased to say that it has served me very well!
    Gizmo2 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Can't help with the issue but I can welcome you both to GTT.
    Welcome Herb and RetiredCarGuy.
    Herb and RetiredCarGuy like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

RetiredCarGuy (07-01-2014)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    ^^^^^X2

Herb and RetiredCarGuy like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    my understanding of the glow plugs. The indicator light going out indicates that the glow plugs have had enough time to heat to where they will do their job. Light going out does not mean they stop working, it is normal for them to stay on a while longer to continue to add heat until started and warms up a little. I could be wrong but this does make sense to me. I don't think you have a problem with them.
    Last edited by gimmo; 07-01-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    RetiredCarGuy likes this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gimmo For This Useful Post:

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    02-15-2015 @ 06:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmo View Post
    my understanding of the glow plugs. The indicator light going out indicates that the glow plugs have had enough time to heat to where they will do their job. Light going out does not mean they stop working, it is normal for them to stay on a while longer to continue to add heat until the engine gets warmed up. I could be wrong but this does make sense to me. I don't think you have a problem with them.
    Correct, the control module does exactly that. The diesel is truly a heat engine.

Got to love that smart diesel technology!

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-10-2014 @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks

Electrical solution X595

I finally figured it out! I disconnected the glow plugs, and I still had a dead short. It turns out the wiring harness had rubbed through, and welded that 10 gauge wire to the injector tubing. The thing that confused me is that it would only do it hot. The glow plug controller didn't make a difference the plugs still stay on after the light goes out. It cost me a second Fusable link and relay but everything's operating normal now. I assumed, incorrectly, that the glow plugs went out when the indicator light went out.
    Does anyone have any idea where I could get a technical Manual or repair Manual for this machine? Besides john Deere?
    I discovered the john Deere wants 61 dollars for $3.00 Fusable link. O yeah I could buy it online for 50,what a joke![/SIZE]

13. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements