Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Little Buck loaders, thoughts?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-20-2018 @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks

Little Buck loaders, thoughts?

Looking for some short and long term experiences with the Little Buck loaders? I am looking at one for my x495. Ive seen the videos and they look pretty cool. Concerns would be the weight directly on the front end w/o a 4x4 axle and ease on and off. Those who own one, is it worth the price for the extra versatility? Has anyone busted one yet?!?

TIA for your thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    If your patient and check CL and dealers you'll find a 45 loader.The CTC is nice too.I use mine all the time and their very easy to take on and off.Roy does a good job showing this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLZ-3mUdtM
    The 2 and 4wd were designed to have the loader.You'll need ballast and a Traction Relief Valve (TRV)
    It was a great addition to my X595 and find many uses for it.
    glc, Levi and Robnik like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    Def saw that one... then saw the $3500 price tag shipped! yikes. It is a nice loader though.

Closest 45 Ive found is about 9 hours away. Still contemplating taking the trip. Thats a LONG day of driving, lol
    Levi and Robnik like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Looks like I can get a Little Buck for $1800 shipped. It may be all I need for around the house chores and whatnot. Just curious who has them and if they are happy. From the videos online, looks like it can get a decent amount of work done .
    Robnik likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Thanks
    The Little Bucket Loader Front end loaders for John Deere tractors | Little Buck Loader reminds Me or the Or-Bilt Loaders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvISfjwmDh8 which I think or-bilt Maybe Gone as a Company though
    Robnik likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    This unit looks like it sits directly between a 45/CTC and a Johnny Bucket.

The bucket sticks out the front a little too much for my liking. Said the guy still using a shovel. lol

Also looks very easy to dump material back onto you and the tractor. I finally see the reason JD put them goalposts on the 45 loader. They could stop a log from rolling down the loader arms onto your lap. The top of the post looks like an excellent place to mount some work lights.
    TJR345 and Robnik like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    I purchased one for my x738 a couple of months ago. I think it is well built and very handy to have. And especially for the price compared to the CTC or others out there. It arrived quickly, and is ready to go from the start. It is easy to mount and dismount all by yourself. Just make sure you add some extra hydraulic oil to your machine after you hook it up and run it through the motions. The only other thing I did was flip flop the lines from what they had marked. They seemed to be marked backwards for moving it up and down and tilting the bucket. I just ordered a bucket teeth bar from palletforks.com. I am having to grind just a little off each side of the bar to make it fit, but once I get it mounted, it should really help with digging. Although the bar is heavy, I think it will be a great addition. I have already used it to move some dirt around the yard, and looking forward to moving rock this spring for my landscaping. And it also has easily moved some burn barrels, and picked up a deer I recently shot to load into the truck. You will come up with all kinds of different uses! I think it is a great addition to my x738.
    Robnik likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joegolfer59 View Post
    I purchased one for my x738 a couple of months ago. I think it is well built and very handy to have. And especially for the price compared to the CTC or others out there. It arrived quickly, and is ready to go from the start. It is easy to mount and dismount all by yourself. Just make sure you add some extra hydraulic oil to your machine after you hook it up and run it through the motions. The only other thing I did was flip flop the lines from what they had marked. They seemed to be marked backwards for moving it up and down and tilting the bucket. I just ordered a bucket teeth bar from palletforks.com. I am having to grind just a little off each side of the bar to make it fit, but once I get it mounted, it should really help with digging. Although the bar is heavy, I think it will be a great addition. I have already used it to move some dirt around the yard, and looking forward to moving rock this spring for my landscaping. And it also has easily moved some burn barrels, and picked up a deer I recently shot to load into the truck. You will come up with all kinds of different uses! I think it is a great addition to my x738.
    thanks for the review. Did you have to put some type of valve block to avoid a delay in movement? do you lock the mid arms for the deck in the up position when you are operating the loader?

Having the load so far out in front, do you think it is putting too much stress on the front end?

Just out of curiosity, how do you think its built? How are the welds and paint finish?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by JaketheMoose; 12-04-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Robnik likes this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    I have not put the lockout valve on, yet. Up and down is fine, but tipping the bucket and returning it, there is a delay. Not awful, but it is there. As far as the deck arms, I just put the height position selector in the highest setting, and they do not move. So simple resolution there.

As far as the weight of the load, there is obviously stress there, but I am not making a prolonged trip with it, and it is limited to the weight you can pick up, so not to big of a concern for me at least. And it really doesn't stick out that far, its is quite a compact unit, and size wise, fits the tractor great. But by no means is it a big heavy duty loader, it is limited, but very useful and strong for its size. I did have turn full burn barrels in it the other day. It did fine picking up the weight, but was a little squirrelly on the back end. I have 4 suitcase weights, and I'm not a big guy. Going to get the other two to fill the bracket.

I think it is built well. Its around 200 lbs, welds and smooth and good. Paint matches pretty good and no runs or anything.

Like anything else, if you take care of it, it will last. Don't expect to pick up a 1000 lbs with it, but I am looking forward to next spring and really put it to work. I have had limited hours with it so far, but so far I am very happy with it.

Can't figure out how to get the picture in here the right way, sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	501698
    Robnik likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast