john
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: john

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    07-08-2014 @ 07:27 AM
    Location
    mich.
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    john

    445 340 hours started bogging down . new gas ,gas cap , fuel fillter .
    , plugs , battrey. Has gas to engine and will run when small amount of gas is poured in inlet.Could this be the injector nozzle?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    felixm22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    3,964
    Thanks
    320
    Thanked 453 Times in 340 Posts

    john

    Quote Originally Posted by joauho View Post
    445 340 hours started bogging down . new gas ,gas cap , fuel fillter .
    , plugs , battrey. Has gas to engine and will run when small amount of gas is poured in inlet.Could this be the injector nozzle?
    I'm a goof, never mind.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by felixm22; 07-08-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

    Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

    Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

  4. Top | #3
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,352
    Thanks
    2,060
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    445 is fuel injected.

    Could be the injector. I would try some fuel injector cleaner first. I use Chevron Techron. I would mix it stronger than the driections recommend. You don't have many hours. Mine is somewhere in the 1700 hour range and I have never had a fuel problem.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    10-09-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 51 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I would try some fuel injector cleaner first. I use Chevron Techron. I would mix it stronger than the driections recommend.
    I wouldn't. If the injector is anything like an automotive fuel injector, the coil windings are exposed to fuel (for cooling), injector cleaner can strip the enamel insulation off the wire and cause it to short. I'm not against using the stuff, but follow the directions.
    2000 355D, 54C MMM
    2008 4120, 400CX FEL

  7. Top | #5
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,352
    Thanks
    2,060
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    I wouldn't. If the injector is anything like an automotive fuel injector, the coil windings are exposed to fuel (for cooling), injector cleaner can strip the enamel insulation off the wire and cause it to short. I'm not against using the stuff, but follow the directions.
    OK. No problem.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    What about the fuel pump? Have you verified you are getting good flow to/thru the filter?

  9. Top | #7
    xcopterdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 843 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gittyup View Post
    What about the fuel pump? Have you verified you are getting good flow to/thru the filter?
    Yup.. right on. Rotten azz fuel line in tank would be my first bet.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

    XSKIER (07-13-2014)

  11. Top | #8
    XSKIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Fenton MI
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Yup.. right on. Rotten azz fuel line in tank would be my first bet.
    Yep, seen it with my own eyes, and have heard of others loosing fuel pressure because of the rubber line in the tank.
    '11 1026R

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •