Confused about cut height setup 445 with 54 HD Deck

Thread: Confused about cut height setup 445 with 54 HD Deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 04:42 AM
    Thanks

Confused about cut height setup 445 with 54 HD Deck

Hi all. I'm a bit confused about how to setup my new to me 445 with a 54 HD deck. What is the relationship between the deck wheels and the crank adjuster on the platform? Are the deck wheels suppossed to roll along the ground or float above the ground. I read the manual which says to raise the deck, adjust the wheels and then drop the deck to the ground and tighten the crank. But that would leave the wheels of the deck rolling on the ground while mowing. Others say that they should be off the ground. Also is the front of the deck supposed to be lower than the back? If so, how much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, G

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-13-2015 @ 07:39 AM
    Thanks
    On my 445 the crank is used to set the desired cut height you want. I believe 1 turn is a 1/2 inch. The deck wheels are set after you set your cut height. The I try to set the wheels about 3/8 to 1/2 inch from the ground on concrete. I use this when mowing areas that I want smooth cut. If I am cutting rough areas like along my land or around the edges of my pasture I set the wheels up and mow in the highest setting.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 04:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't know if the wheel should float over the ground surface or roll along the ground. G

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements