New X7 series owner- Worthwhile attachments?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: New X7 series owner- Worthwhile attachments?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks

New X7 series owner- Worthwhile attachments?

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome on GTT! I just picked up a new x730 for my 3.5 acre home. Primarily, I will be using this for snow and mowing, but I also have some normal homeowner projects to accomplish. I willl be adding some crushed stone pads here and there, clearing some paths, firewood hauling etc.

I purchased the 54" deck as well as the quick attach plow and the 17p cart to start out with. Im also looking at whether or not to add the 3 pt hitch and PTO for a generator (dont have one currently at this house) and also for a ballast box for plowing. I have weights and chains on there now, but I feel that I could use another 200 lbs or so.

I realize that adding the 3 pt and PTO gets me right in line with the 1 series, but the added size wasn't what I was looking for. Plus, at that point, Id want the backhoe and loader too. Of course, a little buck loader isnt out of the question either...

What would you recommend for me here? Lets spend my money!
    Levi, UnionSchnauzer, tj1 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PtJudeRI View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome on GTT! I just picked up a new x730 for my 3.5 acre home. Primarily, I will be using this for snow and mowing, but I also have some normal homeowner projects to accomplish. I willl be adding some crushed stone pads here and there, clearing some paths, firewood hauling etc.

I purchased the 54" deck as well as the quick attach plow and the 17p cart to start out with. Im also looking at whether or not to add the 3 pt hitch and PTO for a generator (dont have one currently at this house) and also for a ballast box for plowing. I have weights and chains on there now, but I feel that I could use another 200 lbs or so.

I realize that adding the 3 pt and PTO gets me right in line with the 1 series, but the added size wasn't what I was looking for. Plus, at that point, Id want the backhoe and loader too. Of course, a little buck loader isnt out of the question either...

What would you recommend for me here? Lets spend my money!
    Attachments to consider

Loaders & slip Buckets
    http://compacttractorandcomponents.c...re%204750+.htm
    Johnny Bucket Sr. John Deere 300-400 series
    Front end loaders for John Deere tractors | Little Buck Loader

Well if You Looking for a tiller Keep In Mind the JD 42inch Hydraulic tiller all you will need to add to you tractor is a 3point Hitch Because the tiller is run via a PTO pump on the Mid PTO. That said it's still worth getting the 540RPm rear PTO because it does open a lot more PTO Powered attachments I have had the Hydraulic tiller myself for the Last 14 years on a X485 & a X748. But this past Year I bought a 1025R TLB with a 647 48inch tiller and I have used the 647 tiller on My X748 far more this year Than I normally used the 42inch Hydraulic tiller. For Gardening in the Fall I could cut down the Garden waste with my 54inch deck & till In One Pass thanks to having the rear PTO. If I didn't have a tow Behind wood chipper I would have gone with this chipper MacKissic Inc. for My X748\

The 3point alone adds so Much versatility to your X730. There are so many 3point Implement Manufactures out there with a lot lower cost 3point Implements than Deere and another suggestion to get for Your X730 if You get a 3point Is to get a I-Match Quick Hitch and another Great thing to add if You don't have it already is the Click & Go Brackets especially for the 6 suitcase weight bracket You would need the click & go bracket for any Bagging Implement as well except the MC519 Cart. I have the MC519 Cart & I bought a aftermarket Hydraulic lift kit for it https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-...YAAOSwmOJZ5jxE.

Hope You enjoy your X730 it a fine Garden tractor
    Last edited by Sergeant; 01-15-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Levi, X748SE, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Thanks
    If your mechanically inclined the pto and 3pt hitch you can do yourself and save a few bucks.As Sargent said once you add them it opens up to many more attachments.Just to let you know though 3pt hitch attachments have to fit cat 1 limited lift which is what the x7xx and one series are.Here are a few of my 3pt attachments and other stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1538 (1).jpg   IMG_1273.jpg   IMG_1208.jpg   IMG_0648.jpg   IMG_1374.jpg  

Levi, X748SE, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    More advice, get the 3PH - I own a 318 with 3PH and have an AlZ load lifter with the forks, has a 2" receiver and you can hang weights on it. The forks come in handy moving things. The 318 doesn't get used so if I do sell it this spring I will be getting a 3PH for my X740.
    Levi and X748SE like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Guys,

I Think Im sold on the 3pt. hitch, a ballast box, and the Little Buck to start off with. I would have preferred the 45 or the CTC, but the budget and lack of compatibility landed me on the little buck. I feel that it will be fine though, as Im not going to be pushing the limits anytime soon.
    Levi and X748SE like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PtJudeRI View Post
    Thanks Guys,

I Think Im sold on the 3pt. hitch, a ballast box, and the Little Buck to start off with. I would have preferred the 45 or the CTC, but the budget and lack of compatibility landed me on the little buck. I feel that it will be fine though, as Im not going to be pushing the limits anytime soon.
    Not to knock your purchase, but your ideas wants and needs line up well with a 1023 or 1025R. Not any much bigger than what you bought really. I went looking for a x7xx and the wife thought I was nuts for getting the 1025r TLB. She doesn't think that now. I have done many projects that I never would have with a garden tractor. Kind of knew what I really wanted, but was lying to myself, and the wife.
    To each his own. I went the garden tractor route the first time with a New Holland GT 75. Put the 3 Pt hitch and PTO. Couldn't have loader. Kicked myself for 17 years. I do not know more than what you have written, but hope you are not going down the same path.
    Regardless. Good luck with your purchase. They are a nice machine.

PS: You did say you wanted help spending your money... We ALL, are good at helping with that here!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by John Deere 1025R TLB; 01-16-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    Levi, X748SE, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Not to knock your purchase, but your ideas wants and needs line up well with a 1023 or 1025R. Not any much bigger than what you bought really. I went looking for a x7xx and the wife thought I was nuts for getting the 1025r TLB. She doesn't think that now. I have done many projects that I never would have with a garden tractor. Kind of knew what I really wanted, but was lying to myself, and the wife.
    To each his own. I went the garden tractor route the first time with a New Holland GT 75. Put the 3 Pt hitch and PTO. Couldn't have loader. Kicked myself for 17 years. I do not know more than what you have written, but hope you are not going down the same path.

PS: You did say you wanted help spending your money... We ALL, are good at helping with that here!!!

I know where you are coming from. I had the 730 and the 1023e side by side at the dealer and we were going over it as well. My neighbor has the 1025. Once I put the loader, deck and plow on the 1023 and looked at the price, I was quite a bit higher in price. And if Im being quite honest, 90% of the machines life will be mowing and snow plowing. I got the tractor, plow, deck and a cart, and saved around $6k off the price.

Im hoping to be in a bigger space in a few years, so at that point Im thinking trade in, trade up. I have the maching paid off, so as long as the trade in works well, Ill be looking at a 1 or 2 series down the road. For now, this should wet my appetite.

But Thank you, honestly, for your feedback.
    ColonyPark, Levi, X748SE and 2 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks

A 1023/1025 vs a X7xx is always a tough call.

Not to change the subject but do you have any pictures etc of your home made PTO generator?
    Levi, X748SE, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 AM
    Thanks

Kwik-way actually did Make a Loader for the GT75 when the GT75 was out. Because Your GT75 was just a re-badged Shibaura which they still make for the European market
    Last edited by Sergeant; 01-17-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Levi, X748SE and BigJim55 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    I bought a 2017 X738 mid year last year. I have the tractor, mower deck, bagging system, blade (with wings and rubber cutting edge), snowblower, 3 pt hitch, heavy hitch, aerator, soft cab, 8 suitcase weights and a rear sprayer.

I would buy everything again except I would give more thought about buying the snowblower (my blade is fantastic!!! I haven't used my snowblower yet). Don't get me wrong, I would love to have enough snow to have to use my snowblower...wishful thinking. My blade has been able to handle 7" of snow easily plus I have a lot of places to put plowed snow. And I think I would consider a hard cab, too. I enjoy spending time outside in the winter.

Here is what I think I still need:
    Imatch, loader, pallet forks (thinking about getting the heavy hitch ones until I get a loader)
    ColonyPark, Levi, X748SE and 3 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast